pilotdave

Typical jump profile - neptune

I attached a typical RW jump profile of mine from my neptune (through paralog). I'm trying to understand the behavior around pull time. Pretty much every graph has that same sort of shape. But I don't believe the numbers. Minimum speed in the track was 82 mph, but it suddenly spikes to the highest fallrate of the jump, 125, just before pull time. Doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking it's maybe something going on with the air pressure inside my helmet when I'm pulled upright.

Anyone have a clue?

Dave

Flat track is supposed to slow descent rate, which was seen. Then you exit the foward motion, vertical increased again. Why is it faster than the main jump? Were you attached to others, or flying flat and slow? And was it really 15 seconds from deploy to full canopy flight?

If it's inside your helmet it is more than likely reading off on all of your jumps since a simple turn of your head can influence the readout. Try hand mounting it and they spikes will go away.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Actual pull was around 3000 or maybe a little lower on that jump. I'll try it on my wrist sometime and see what happens. I wouldn't expect the air pressure inside a helmet to vary so much.... On the wrist, it seems to me that an altimeter is exposed to much greater fluctuations since the airflow around it will change with every hand movement. Being inside a z1 helmet with little airflow, I'd expect pressure to remain closer to static pressure. But I guess not!

Dave