windcatcher

Buy coach jumps or first canopy?

i would second skymama on that.

but at the same time, i would like to suggest that you may want to hold off on the purchase of your own rig until you have maybe about 50 or so jumps under your belt.

i know it costs a lot to rent gear, but your need for/view of gear changes rapidly at the very begining when the learning curve is very, very steep.

also, you should be able to make a more informed purchase, as you gain more knowledge about jumping in general and about skydiving gear. at least, that was the case for me.

===============

Thanks Steve, yeah, I still want my stills! :P
and skymama, you're right too. Maybe I should just put the chunk of money in a "rig" account, instead of spending all of it on coaches. I'm sure I can get by with just a few coached jumps before next semester.
All right,thanks everyone! :)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Thanks Steve, yeah, I still want my stills! :P
and skymama, you're right too. Maybe I should just put the chunk of money in a "rig" account, instead of spending all of it on coaches. I'm sure I can get by with just a few coached jumps before next semester.
All right,thanks everyone! :)

I think it's a great idea to just put the $$ away and buy when you're ready if you can do that.

How many coach jumps do you need for the 'a'? I only did 2, and only paid for 1.

Angela.