namgrunt

JUMP SUIT/SPEED REDUCTION IN FREEFALL????

HI all
I am a 57 year old 270 lb. old fart.
I was clocked in freefall at 160mph belly down

how much reduction can I expect from the correct jump suit??
what options do you recomend?

afterburners?nini wings?etc.
help help
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

It's all about drag. In general terms, the slowest suits out there are made to be baggy, from a heavy pollycotton, with multiple layers of material.

Some suits offer "swoop cords" which allow you to create little wings out of your armpits to slow you down in a hurry if you need them.

The right suit can make a huge difference. It's a tool - you use the right tool for the job.

That said, if your profile's correct and you have just 3 jumps - you're probably using a big student arch position. This is great for stability so great for learning but it's also a very fast position.

You'll find that as you progress and learn some slightly more advanced body positions your speed will come down significantly on its own.

That said - you're probably gonna want a big boy suit like mine at some point.

That said, if your profile's correct and you have just 3 jumps - you're probably using a big student arch position. This is great for stability so great for learning but it's also a very fast position.

I find the reverse is true. Once off student status and more current and relaxed, I find students tend to fall faster - not slower.

When I'm doing AFF with 100lb 5'10 women (I weigh 160 and am 5'10) I wear either a freefly suit, or more recently, Birdman Pantz with a baggy sweatshirt and put them in a tight FS suit. Seems to work out ok.

At this point though, surely fall rate is a problem for his instructors? They should be able to stay with him, fast or slow, stable or unstable. If not - they shouldn't be taking his money.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

ok, my bad.

I was under the impression that many studes came off AFF with a very fast position and with a bit of RW training ended up with a much flatter body position without that over accentuated big bannana shape and as a result slow down a lot.

But then I'm no AFFI or RW coach. ;)

Stick with Tonto's advice - or better yet - the instructors who clocked you at 160.

Talk to your instructors about it. If people have been staying with you they must hae been doing something to accomplish that. The only way I can sustain 160 is in a sit position or slow head-down.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

instructers did not stay with me.
thats the problem.
willing to purchas custon jump suit to slow down ,but need informed advice as to what to order(expect) verses hype (adds)
I need real whorld advice please

not interested in pointing fingers or telling tails .

hope you-all understand ,I do ,stuff occures.

I have switched to static line and it is working for me ,since that is what I did in the service.

what options do what in way of slowing down
example
afterburners=?mph slower
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

try giving the folks at Body Sport USA a call.
the contact info should be on their web site bodysportusa.com.

if you provide them with your measurements, they can custom design a suit using their proprietary software to a specific fall rate that you desire. i'm guessing that is what you're looking for.

they have a reasonably priced suit called "the crater suit". they will probably have it made out of poly-cotton (the heaviest material for the most drag) with wings (material under the armpit for additional drag).

good luck.

===============