JonBonGraham

Wingsuit flight and other skydiving data

Hey everyone! I'm sure most of you'll have read the article about Jeb Corliss preparing to land a wingsuit (probably worth it if you really, really hate packing!) by now... in it it says that him and Mr. Cani are gathering data via GPS equipment about glide ratios, forward speeds etc. - does anybody have access to either this specific data or any other data for wingsuit flight at terminal velocity as well as sub-terminal (ie. what does the profile of vertical speed vs. horizontal speed or vertical speed vs. time for a wingsuit BASE or balloon jump starting with 0 airspeed look like, and at what point does a wingsuit start to make a real difference to a BASE/balloon jumpers' flight path)?
I'm about to start a project of a mathematical nature on skydiving for my degree course, and would very much like to hear from anybody who has this sort of data, either about specific wingsuits or the generic wingsuit family. Feel free to PM me if you're worried about boring the rest of the DZ.com readers!
Thanks very much!

John G

Durham University Freefall Club

Grounds For Divorce website (band I'm in)