efs4ever

Mini war story. Sad ending ... for my SHOE

Cessnas. Don't ya just love em; especially 172s with the regular door still on. :S Analise Bennett took me for a little cross country from her house (airport) in Crandall, Texas, over to Larry Portman's dropzone in Caddo Mills. I was located where the front seat used to be and a young lady was sitting in the back as an observer.

So we fly over, and I jump in and yuck it up with Larry and some Dallas folks. I get a pack job and we head back home to the Bennett farm. This time, however, I don't get the door open far enough or Analise doesn't give me as good a slip, but, anyway, my shoe gets neatly caught as the door slams shut on it. I'm gone, and Analise sees the shoe in the door and is leaning down to rescue it, when the observer feels a sudden desire to set me free. (because she thinks I'm dangling from the plane) She beats the pilot to the punch and opens the door setting a good Sketcher to freefall to someone's farm.>:(>:(

It was a fun weekend anyway, and Bobby Bennett is still 60 years old. [:/]

So, pilots, and jumpers, what do you tell the pilot to do to keep the door from slamming so hard. (Gotta keep this on topic as a skydiving discussion) :P
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

LOL! ;) Larry is great. I don't get down ther as much as I would like from SD Dallas but he runs a fun operation down there. So how did the observer feel after finding out you wern't hanging from the plane????
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Thanks for sharing!! At least you didn't have on holy sox!!

Hope you had an extra pair of shoes in your car!!

A hop & pop exited the plane a couple of weeks ago.....really cool back flip - then there were dollar bills floating everywhere!! Poor guy lost his wallet. He was one of our packers too[:/]

Thats quite funny as thats the first thing i do before even heading to our dz. Make sure laces double tied and yes spare pair off trainers in the car...just in case;). personally seen 3 people loose trainers as they went into freefall due to untied laces:S.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

That's funny. I always wondered how some people can jump with loose shoe laces and not lose a shoe. Now I know they do lose them sometimes. It was good to see you there at Caddo Mills. Maybe next time I will get to jump with you. Gotta go put an extra pair of shoes in my car now.:P