tumbler

Off Student Status…

So I completed my last dive to have my JM and S+TA sign me off student status, very cool and very exciting, but what a huge difference my next jump was. Well maybe not the jump but the ride up.

Every jump up until here had been very professional with everyone in the 182 (all 4 of us) quite except for the JM as he talked to me about what to do, did his third gear check on my rig, talked to me to keep the nerves down and away we went. The other two in the plane often wouldn’t talk to me for fear of talking over my JM.

The last jump was, I think, my first real ride to altitude. The other three jabbed at each other, joked the entire way up, had feet touching where they ought not to be touching and laughed and smiled the entire time. They even spoke to me about what I wanted to learn and discipline I wanted to try to become proficient at… none of that had ever happened before. It made the ride go so quickly that before I knew it they were yelling “DOOR” and getting ready to go. I couldn’t have had a better time. What an awesome sport this is.