stonerkev

Graduated AFF

Hey all i finally graduated my Aff. What sucks is i have to go back to england :(:( What i would like to know is what do i need to do if i want to jump back home. I've been told join the BPA etc etc but as far as do they acknowledge the AFF course from in the states? Obviously i will have to rent gear. But what else do they require?

congratulations dude....

try and at least get your A license before u go back to england...that may help u out....

good luck

================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

I think the best thing to do is contact some of the DZs in the area and ask them your questions.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Congrats!!!

Pssssssst............hit on reply to the person you are talking too;) I got off student status a long time ago.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Congrats!!!

Pssssssst............hit on reply to the person you are talking too;) I got off student status a long time ago.

Hi FA2

Ok, Ok, Ok :$

So you didn't just fall off the AFF wagon;)

But are you at least a Brit, and a bloke?:)
R.I.P.

If you can get your A done before you go back it'll really help. If not then atleast try and get 10 solos post AFF (know as consolidation jumps in the UK) and get converted to a throwaway pilot chute if your not using one already. This will then cover most of the requirements for a Uk A license. And have your log book signed off ready to go.

UK DZ's are not very interested in finishing the training jumpers who have done their AFF elsewhere so be prepared for a bit of static. If you read the posts here you'll find plenty of disgruntled jumpers. I seemed to be pretty lucky by the sounds of it. If you have your own kit and an A then your sorted.

If the worst comes to the worst and you cant get sorted out in the UK head down to Spain for long weekend to say Lilo and you should be done.

Note that rigs are generally way cheaper price in the USA as they are in the UK so try and get something decent before you go.

Hard to say much more without knowing where you will return to. Hope this is some help.

do a 5000ft hop and pop....i forgot to when doing mine.... you need it for A-license (deland, where i learned didnt include a hop and pop). i did 32 jumps out there but because i hadnt done the hop and pop i was still a student in the eyes of a british DZ and had to wait a few weeks for winds to drop so i could do the hop and pop...

c
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

Hey nobby did you check into the BPA yet? I know your itching to jump and its been less than a week...hehehehe We've all been there mate. You'll soon be back:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?