HydroGuy

Had a PC in tow yesterday...

High altitude hop and pop to end the day. I was first out on the crew pass. Made sure to give myself like a seven second delay, ironically not for terminal air but so that my protrack would register the jump. Was in a good body position, signaled, then tossed my hackey. Nothing happened. Put hand back on BOC pouch and sure enough hackey was gone. Banged my container with right hand as hard as I could and was getting ready to look over my shoulder to figure out what was up when I felt the bag leave the container. I don't know if the pin was pulled upon intitial deployment or not.

My feefly coach saw it all from the door of the plane. He said the pilot chute was definately inflated, but couldn't tell much more. He was just stoked that I didn't panick and perform EP's at 11000 feet.

This was kind of nerve racking at 11000 feet...would have been boxer soiling at 3000 feet.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Scary stuff... sounds like you kept a cool head and yeah, nice that it was at 11 grand! Hope you're having a rigger take a good look at your gear.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Glad it turned out ok but 11000' is no place to go EP. Same thing happened to me years ago when I put a 22" pc in my container where the closing loop was really to short and had a hell of a grip on the pin. I used to pull around 2K all the time. Now I'm usually the first to pull in my group and pull in a track just bellow 3K.