mysky

Freefly Clowns Chronicle Videos?!?! Where to get new copies.

After taking my tapes out of storage and not even thinking that leaving them in the 120 degree Arizona heat for 6 months would matter, they are all dead and not working. Does anyone know were these videos can be purchased. They are my favorite for years now and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

After taking my tapes out of storage and not even thinking that leaving them in the 120 degree Arizona heat for 6 months would matter, they are all dead and not working.

Does the tape run and just play snow, or does it refuse to run, or is there a broken end dangling out, or ?

If it's just the outer casing that's warped, you might be able to swap the reels into a new casing.
Buy a pack of cheap new tapes. Record an hour of random TV on one of them, then practice taking the
tape apart (most of them are held together with screws, not glued) and putting it back together and
watching it to make sure you did it right. Once you can do this without having too many parts left over
or tape all over your kitchen, try swapping the reels from one of the broken tapes into a new housing.
See http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/vcrrx.htm#vxrdb for more detail.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

That's great advice. Sadly the inside of the tape is warped and literally shrunk and crinkled. That would have worked great I'm sure but the tapes are just too far gone.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.