MagicGuy

Price of Full AFF Class?

I'm curious to find out some prices on getting my A License. I'd like to hear some quotes on the price of the full course, from start to end, first time (well, one tandem) jumper to completion of A license.

I'm also wondering how long it will take me to complete the course. Days, weeks, months?

Thanks for the info everyone.

AFF Jumps

1: $300
2: $185
3: $185
4: $165
5: $165
6: $165
7: $165
8: $165

Coached Jumps

1: $65
2: $65
3: $65
4: $65
5: $65

Packing Class: $80

Hop & Pop: $11

11 remaining solo jumps: $23/ea

Equipment rental: $35/jump or $65/day

Add the licensing fees and you're set.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Where are you? Look up your nearest DZ's and check out their websites or give them a call.

How long will depend on how much spare time and money you have, how busy the DZ is and how good the weather is where you live!

If weather, time and money weren't an issue and you didn't have any major problems you could do 3 to 4 jumps a day, finish AFF in 3 days and you could do your A license (minimum 25 jumps) in a week to 10 days.

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Those prices could be for the DZ you jump at, but they won't all be that cost.

As it was said here before, check your the DZs near you.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm in Rhode Island, which kind of sucks because of the weather. I was hoping to complete the class before the jump season is over.

I don't know much about skydiving, I've only been on one tandem. However, it was the craziest and most awesome thing that I have ever done, I think about it daily, and I can't wait until I can jump by myself and whenever I want to.

Thanks for all the info, and treating a newbie like I belong here.

I was just giving the prices that it's going to cost me at my DZ. Obviously this varies.

Oh, did I miss that in your post? It's always best to be clear when giving advise to anyone on this site.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm in Rhode Island, which kind of sucks because of the weather. I was hoping to complete the class before the jump season is over.

Save your money and start next season. I think the season is almost over, but you can look here and see if that answers any questions.

My friend, who is from RI also, post here as Mailin, and I went to Florida in Jan. and she got alot of her AFF training done there. She also put in some tunnel time before getting into the sky. She did her first jump in Jan of this year, and just did her 100 skydive about two weeks ago. Drop her a PM and see if she can help you out.

I was just giving the prices that it's going to cost me at my DZ. Obviously this varies.

Oh, did I miss that in your post? It's always best to be clear when giving advise to anyone on this site.

Common sense would dictate that prices vary. Common courtesy would dictate that there's no need to be snarky when I clearly meant well. [:/]
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Common sense would dictate that prices vary. Common courtesy would dictate that there's no need to be snarky when I clearly meant well.

Sorry you took my reply that way. I didn't notice where you said it was for your DZ.

Excluding travel expenses (but nothing else), consider $3000 as a ballpark to get your A. A really good student who doesn't have to repeat levels and gets it done quickly, or at a cheaper venue might get closer to 2000.

How long really depends on you, and on how good your DZ is in terms of weather and student slots. Took me a 6 months of active work, though I had taken 7 months off in the middle. If you want to go quickly, think about dedicated at least both days every other weekend. Much better than going one day every 2-3 weeks.