neles

Skydive S.O.S.

Howdy guys - If I have mistaken the thread please don't flame me, it can happen' to anyone.

I really don't wanna annoy you, but I just wanted to ask a small favour from the biggest skydiving community, to visit humble site of my skydiving club in Bosnia, www.padobranci.com. It's on local language, but it's packed with nice info and bunch of photos (skydiving related ofcourse). There is also a plea for help on the main page, on english that I posted yesterday - I would like if you could spend a minute or two reading it, but ofcourse, it's not mandatory.

Just drop by, and I will be more than happy.

Thanx and sorry for bothering - if you have a terrible urge to flame me - I'm guilty - so take your best punch - I won't resist.

Cheers from Nenad.

If you are Rasmus - then you are really wicked. I must thank you publicly for your donation, for it is made me believe that my initiative can actually be a success (most people here don't use technology, so you can imagine).

I was thrilled to have seen your donation and as I said in the mail - you got me all jizzed into getting the gift I promissed packed and shipped. We are a bit slow down here, post office and bureocracy, but I am onto it.

Once again - and for all the others - you just gave me hope. I don't know if it means anything to you, but it certainly does to me. I forgot that there are people our there willing to lend a hand. You reminded me.

And thanks for the initiative boost, I hope people won't hate me for spamming them.

Kind regards,

Sincerely,

Nenad Stupar
Webmaster at Skydiving Club Banja Luka

An update! We collected USD$40.00 by now, which is about...weeelll, $40.00 more than I thought will ever be. :)

We have two donors by now, that I wish to honestly thank, and I am really thrilled about it - web site stats are showing increase in visits, and that makes me so proud, that you can't imagine. I thank all the kind people that visited the page, and two so far to have contributed!

I already engaged few of my close friends to translate the site's content, guessing someone will find some of our stories interesting :)

In the mean time we got USD$40.00 collected through Active.com's donate page (thank you Active).

For any further info, I again invite you to visit www.padobranci.com!

Btw, thanks Eugene, hope you got my mail by now! Much appreciated!

www.active.com/donate/skydivesos

P.S. Love Hitchikers Guide ;)

Another update!

This is turning into real venture - we've got another donor, this time from USA, Mr. William Strachan.

We are now at $60.00, which is, again, $60.00 more than I thought this campaign may generate. I expected some flaming and hate mails, but it is incredible how the situation developed.

Thank you Mr. Strachan and all the other good folks out there - which seems to be alot. Thumbs up people! Packing another gift :)

We are always available at www.padobranci.com, and are hoping to see you there :)

Pfew :)

www.active.com/donate/skydivesos
Sincerely,

Nenad

Another Update! $80!

One more donor - this time I'm most happy to announce, either Miss or Mrs. (I never did get the answer - don't take me wrong, I'm not a sexist) - Wendy Fulkner! She also kindly offered a faulty altimeter that was collecting dust, and I ofcourse, believe we can 99% fix it. We don't have much luxury, but we do have excess of all sorts of engineers.

Your good will materialy climbed to USD$80.00! If I started to explaing what it means to us, in the terms of practical value, that would be a looong list.

I appologize for the pause, I was away from the computer, just to find out that I was late to the post office. None the less, gifts for donators are enveloped, addressed and will be on their way tomorrow asap.

Ofocurse, I'm still hoping you will not stop visitn our page, and perhaps support my cause, and if so, I humbly invite you still to www.padobranci.com.

As much as I hate to use mediocre cliche's - God bless you, for the religious ones, Thumbs up for all the others.

One more thing, as Mostly Harmless asked - well, we don't have any fixed prices, that is one of the problems. Since 80% of the budget of the Club (if not more) depends on member fees, and our "business" is still kind of based in some oldfashioned comunist system (I know, I know...) prices depend on bunch of different factors, like current fuel prices for the planes, or kerozine, or on the price of medical exam, or on the price of mandatory insurance, or whatever, it's virtualy impossible to etablish a fixed price. However, Clubs main guy, Mr. Grmusa, recently tried to separate from the rest of the aero club with his skydiving section (which we discuss here and now) and tried to "privatize" it, so the club can have more flexibility, better terms for work and training, rest of the aero club is frowning upon that - for simple reason - skydivers are the only ones that even with such a pathetic budget make some results - they work all the time, they are well organized, attend different competitions (ofcourse, only skydivers who can afford to go, since addmitance fees are not very cheap) - long story short - at this moment, first jump is I think about 180KM (that's about 110 usd), and next is cheaper, about 90usd and it becomes cheaper. Since skydivers themselfes pay for the fuel spent, they tend to pack the plane or heli to the max so as many can jump, and split the tab.

For club members, with C license (sport skydiver) jump is about 20usd, but ofcourse, noone is going to start the plane and take it to 3000feet for one jumper. So, if there is not more jumpers - noone jumps. And these guys are students, working whenever they can, just so they can spare a some cash to jump - for that is their ultimate thrill. They live for that, as I suspect, most of you do.

I can get more correct info, and update you if intertested.

Hope you never need to use your reserve or Cypres.

Sincerely,

Nenad

Hi Neles,

I'm happy to donate US$89.00, the cost of my first jump course at the Ft. Campbell Sport Parachute Activity back in 1989. I hitch-hiked through Bosnia in 1996 & really enjoyed your country. The family that picked us up took very good care of us by giving us a place to stay in Mostar, feeding us & washing our clothing. I wish you & your skydiving club the best of luck & hope of some day possibly visiting your dropzone & making some jumps with you all. I'm always happy to help my fellow skydiving bretheren. Good luck with your fund-raising.

Jose

I have only started jumping this year and its been a real struggle to pay for everything, but reading about your club and the real uphill battle you have with funds and equipment it puts into perspective how easy most of us have it.

I hope that loads of us can do one or two less jumps this weekend and help a club that really deserves it, afterall isnt skydiving suppose to be one big family.

Stephen

First, and update, to let you all know: your generosity in funds reached amazing $239.00!

Maybe now I will get my first jump free :) And know, to the people behind the actual number.

My dear, dear friends, (if you don't mind calling you that), I have replied to your emails before I reached the forums, so I didn't comment your posts, but I will certainly do that now.

To Jose, you suprised me, absolutely, with your more than generous donation. I must admit that whatever I expected, I didn't expect that much. Please, don't get offended with my mail. Second, I am also more than suprised you actualy were down here - World indeed is a small place. Mostar is a really nice town, if not a bit down south, and the problem with it was that it suffered much in the past war because of it's specific ethnic separation. But, as you witnessed your self, I stand by your words and add that people in all Bosnia are kind and social as you experienced. Wherever you go, I am certain you would get the same treatmant. And that was quite brave, hiking in Bosnia, only a year after the war was over. Honest awe to you mate. And yes, we would be more than happy to have you, and all the other here as guests, to share our skies. Unfortunately, most of you are terribly far away, and our accomodation perhaps is not five stars, but you are more than welcome to join us, whenever, wherever. Bare this in mind, all of you.

Stephen, I'm hoping skyding will be categorized as one big family, and hopefuly happy. I wish you to know that everything I wrote in regards to Jose, also addresses you, and all kind donors on this thread, page, and the World. I wish you all best in your continuing career, and God help, we will have you jumping with us one day, hopefuly, sooner than I hope. Giant thumb up!

Skykat, you will know why I appologize when you read my mail :) Gender issues with your real name :) As I have said to the guys above, just read, and count your self in. As I said, I'm not sexist, but I am very happy to see prettier gender (this is probably subjective oppinion :)) massing in this sport...or better said - lifestyle. Perhaps you would like to know that the first skydiver EVER in Bosnia (perhaps in all of former Yugoslavia) was a woman, girl at that time, Nena Licina-Majc, she was from my town, and our club (but it was called Royal Aero Club at that time) there is a history page on www.padobranci.com dedicated to her. She is still alive and pumping, but, as age will take it, hardly she will jump recently. But we are in touch.

To all you folks that helped and commented so far...you are just (trying not to sound overly pathetic) are great. What you did for me, for the Club is a subject I will probably be talking to my grandkids. And I'm serious.

To let you know, that with you three, the generated collection is now amazing $239.00! Oh man... I doubt I will ever be able to thank you enough for your support, but I will try :)

My kindest regards,

Nenad
www.padobranci.com

Good morning boys and girls. I'f I am boring you with my updates, let me know, and I'll shut up.

We had another donation, this time anonymous, (thank you where ever you are) and we reached $259!

I'm sorry for the delay in update, but I'm working day and night these days, and I just had to grab a short nap. After this update, I'm off to the post office and the airfield, and I will update you on shipments to my donators. I certainly hope I won't have another Postal episode.

I will keep you posted :)

Brb.

Sincerely,

Nenad

///

...file cabinet...in a basement....with no electricity...and no stairs...behind the doors that say "Beware of the tiger"...

It is a family here, and we try to help out everyone. I'm sure I speak with everyone that we hope our donations really help, and get you guys in the air more! Maybe in the future we can see you at boogies! I'll be so proud if that happens. You guys definately deserve it!

Darn,

People, sorry for the delay - and what is that ridicilous question - of course your donations help - more than help - just imagine that I will finally get my first jump! And thanks to you, by most part. If I was waiting to to store that much money, beside all the expences of life, college, family (at this moment I am the only one working in my family right now - parents retired, brother and sister students, grandparents and two uncles refugees), bank loans... I'm not complaining, it can always be worse, so I'm satisfied with my life - I'm alive and healthy, and that's what matters to me - so trust me, your donations DO help. Real lot. As most people, I hate to owe something to anyone - so I feel obligated to explain one thing regarding the gift I promissed - I was confronted with a member here, about the devaluing F-117A Nighthawk by offering pieces of it as gifts. This is by no means intended to offend anyone - I respect the US, even though I sometimes don't agree with the active policy - and the piece I offered to send is nothing more but a souvenire, as pieces of Berlin Wall are in Germany. It's a respectful piece of machinery - and I see nothing insulting in it. More to it - the pilot was rescued unharmed. Please, don't consider this as an insult, since it wasn't intended to be. I'm sorry for anyone that got offended, and my lack of tactics. Sorry.

As for delay, I'm really sorry - these guys managed to pursuade a local bank to sponsor one local competition in the precision jumping, and there were 15-20 jumpers from all around Bosnia and Croatia. I'm proud to announce my brother won a gold medal, amid this competition. Four flights all in all.

Not that the results really matter that much - it's important that people jump - they are so happy just to jump, that if you hit the "pancake" or miss it by the mile is not important whatsoever.

Just to let you know, your kind donations reached $279.00, which is simply - great! :) And thank you all. Thumbs up to all the people for their kind support, funds and gear you are sending in!

I'm hoping this thread will not close anytime soon!

Btw, I tried to figure out on my self, and got a solid understanding, but would like if someone could elaborate in more detail, the Boggie term.

Anybody? Thanx in advance!

Respectfuly,

Nenad

P.S. You can check the new yesterday's gallery at the www.padobranci.com! Just click the top news. Can't miss it! Btw, just so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding - nothing of the equipment you see there - is not ours - almost nothing anyway - helis and planes as well as barracks and optics and almost everything else, is a courtesy of our airforce. Utva-66 and Utva-75 are courtesy of aero club piloting school, jumpsuits are homemade, and so on. I thought - God, these people will think I'm scamming them - on one side, I'm complaining on the lack of funds and equipment and on the other I show them bunch of stuff - what will they think - so I wanted you to know that is not gold everything that shines. Hope to see you on www.padobranci.com and hope you enjoy the photos.

Nenad

Heya purple :),

Don't push the people, they'll think that I want to rip them off completely off their jumps for this year :) But it is quite the opposite, believe me.

Btw, I just got info on boogies from Jose, and I choked him too with one of my overly long messages from personal arsenal - and after a (very) brief thought - I realized there is quite a possibility of throwing a boogie in 2006 down here - hopefuly a good one - so at this time I'm entertaining the idea and thinking which strings to pull, whom to call, and what to do next. But if things go as I think they will (except for all the paper work and administration issues) I believe there is a huge chance and 100% support for this idea. All I need now is basicaly an iron boot and excpetional patience to squeze some bureauocrats down, and speed things up.

I will keep you posted on this, and perhaps I will see you all down here :)

Off to think about this.

Sincerely, (wish me luck)

Nenad