OSOK

Problems with learning curve...

After trying it 5 times, today I finally got cleared to do the hop and pops I need for my A license. I did the practice floating exit from 13,500 several times, and today I nailed it.

So thinking about this, I thought... why me? What is it that I have/lack that gives me trouble with floating exits? And then in turn I also thought... how is it so easy for others, but then they have problems with other things?

Some people it takes them a while to stand up their landings, others have a problem with diving exits, others problems with uncontrolled turns, etc. Every one of those scenarios, what do they say about our bodies and how different they are?

Just wondering if anyone else has thought about this too.

stop beating yourself up. Different folks different
strokes. It's not uncommon to fail a jump or two or
even three. You stuck to it and made it better. I have seen ppl go thru AFF without failing one jump,
and thats not the norm. Some ppl have exit problems and others don't, some ppl have landing problems & others don't. Just hang in there and listen, listen and observe.

We are all different in every aspect. You might be better than others in some other tasks.... Why???
Who knows!!!! Hang in there bro because being inquisitive is a good thing.

Backloops. The scourge of my skydiving existence. I spent so many jumps trying to nail it while getting my A license that the instructors finally told me point blank that they would give it to me even if it was not perfect. Then, I saw video of the Hog Flop (4 way star, backloop, 4 way star) and I realized that my backloop is really not that bad after all. Next year, I will enter the Hog Flop!

It might have to do with the fact that my legs are short, my rig is big and I fly with my head already high and back. Either that or I just suck.

I think most people have trouble with a particular move. I do not know why your float exit is not great but if you nailed it in 5 attempts, then that does not sound so bad. Good for you!

I done two center floats and one rear the other day and just couldnt get the hang of it, but i done my hop n pop with a poised exit which made life a lot easier. And as for differant folks differant strokes, it couldnt be more true. I didnt fail a level but i've probably only landed in the correct field (large field) 60% of the time, and it took me 10 jumps to nail a stand up :S

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Like firsttime said....you're beating yourself up unecessarily....believe me, NOBODY (with 1-2 rare exceptions) gets everything right in 23 jumps...take joy in what you can already do and simply work on what's next on your list of things to do...it'll come, don't worry.

Smile and have fun!

Blue Skies and welcome to skydiving!
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OSOK

I have had problems with my landings (getting better), my exits from the otter (have them nailed now), my fall rate (to fast, learned how to slow it down). It all comes with experience. I also think it comes from being CONFIDENT that you can do something and most of all have FUN!! I have found that I was putting way too much pressure on myself to execute everything perfectly. Doing this made me tense. Everything works much better when you are relaxed and CONFIDENT you can do this!!!! THe main goal of skydiving for me is to have fun and be safe. Make these your top priorities and you will always have BLUE SKIES!!!

Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!