thesaint

First Jump with "New Eyes"

Had my first jump since having laser eye surgery. No problems at all. Was in Peoria, Az over the weekend so I just HAD to go to Eloy. Nice place first time there although they thought I was crazy walking around in shorts. Nice place nice peeps, two nice jumps. Thanks Keith and Josh Dogg for jumping with me.

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440

I waited one month. Get a full face helmet of borrow one if you have to. You get almost no wind in them. As an added saftey measure you could wear goggle under the full face.

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440

How long did u use a full face for after? I'm still a student, so I don't think I can use one but I don't plan on jumping again until around march or april. My doctor said I only had to wait two weeks but I don't trust that they really know. Have you heard that it's always a risk once you get it done, or is it just for a few months?

2 weeks?? I would look into that a little more. I think that's crazy. They are peeling off a flap from the top of your eye and relying on your own healing process to "glue" it back on. For some people 2 weeks "might" be OK, but I wouldn't chance it. I have seen clothing get torn apart at freefall speeds. Imagine what it can do to a unhealed piece of gooey cornea flap.

BTW my girlfriend just gave me LASIK surgery for Christmas, I go on the 28th. I can't wait.. unfortunately I have another 4 months to wait for skydiving anyway. :( Gonna go snowboarding after a week though. Depending of course.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Well I ended up getting the PRK surgery because apparantly my cornea was too thin. 1 1/2 weeks later I am just shy of 20/20 in both eyes. They tell me it will be 6-8 weeks before I am satisfied with my eyesight.

Any PRK patients out there got testimonials to share?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson