freeryde13

training regimine?

when i start something i always get in pretty deep , and i'm into skydiving now. i have 250 ish jumps , i've done a bit of coaching and about an hour in the tunnel . i like freefly but really want complete control over my body in any position . in other activities i've learned, i've always foung training outlines and regimines....( examples : carpentry - nail 10 lbs on nails into a board with each hand, martial arts - do each technique 10,000 times, drums - rudiments for 5 minutes each variation , etc...)

I have the will but am looking for outlined training programs. i am understanding more and more what plan the dive and stick to the lan means, but what is a good plan to increase skills? i'm allright ...but i really want to get nice .

any help would be appreciated.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

I'm sure if you're already knowledgable about what is entailed in training in other areas of life, you could probably come up with a good regimine for yourself.

Things that helped my headdown skills - solo drills:
Tap feet together
Tap foot with opposite hand, behind back
Put both hands in front
Put single hand in front
Pull single arm in across chest (so flying with one arm out)

When doing any of these, you should initially try them where the action is quick. In other words, put a single hand out in front for a second, then bring it back to normal position, and have your body recover. Later, repeat, but keep your hand out for 5 seconds. Also, later, you can try them with your eyes closed (be safe, though!)

For tricks, practice:
Single, double, triple: cartwheels, 360s, front and back flips.
For cartwheels, practice this while keeping one arm stretched out in front of you (good practice for doing docked cartwheels later).

Doing double and triple tricks really will reveal if there's a weakness in technique, as it's often possible to do a sloppy single cartwheel, but maintain position. Once you start rotating multiple times, you'll discover that improper form magnifies problems.

Again, can do these with eyes closed.

thanks for the tips and yes i am working on a regimine for this coming years season, but i know enough to know that a proven system will be better than something i come up with on my own .

also, what is good to practice at home . general fitness is a given , and holding positions top get mussle memory , but does anybody have any specific exercises or things to work on while on the ground ( home)

thanks again ozone.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

For home practice:

I used to put myself in the typical "bicycle" exercise position - holding yourself upside-down-ish, with legs in the air. Then, I'd close my eyes, move my legs into various positions, based on what I was visualizing. So, if I was picturing taking a single right hand dock, I'd have my legs in a semi-daffy position, with my left leg behind me. Then I'd open my eyes and see where my legs are.

What this does is not teach you the exact position your legs will be in when doing something, but helps you in general leg movement position, with visual feedback. In the sky, you typically don't look at your legs. Maybe on the ground, while reviewing video. But not in the air. So this exercise is a chance to learn to move your legs and then check your positions after you move them.

In reality, the leg positions you practice will differ in the air, so don't, while in the air, try to force your legs into a position that's not working. You'll have to adjust. But it is good for the reason mentioned above.

Also, while thinking about this, another thing I used to do while in the air, particularly while headdown, is to bring all the limbs in (close your legs, bring arms to sides), then open them up, keeping my knees and elbows locked. This helped move me away from the typical-newbie headdown body position where the legs are bowed out, as if riding a horse. I wanted my knees more straight ahead, not pointing outwards.