Zep

Help. where are they

I'm adding a page to my web of my early skydives
and people who influenced me.
I've lost touch with some an wonderd where they are now.

Anybody know Reddy Redfern or Cindy lee Pikkala (last known Florida)
or Maria of Maria, Mitch and Roland, fame (Maria last seen riding off
into the sunset with Sparky)

Any help

Zep

Gone fishing

I was talking to Pat Thomas out in Thailand a couple of weeks ago. She was telling me that Reddy is in prison in Manila, awaiting deportation to the UK.

The story is that Reddy was working on a construction site when one of the owners of the site was murdered. All of the employees were arrested. While he was being held for questioning Reddy's Philipino wife left him, so once the authorities were ready to release him they realised that he no longer had residency rights.

Their plans to deport him failed on one occasion because he was to be flown to the UK via the UAE, and the UAE wouldn't accept him because he was still appearing on their records as being wanted for questioning over the murder charge, despite the fact that the Philippines had cleared him, and it was them who were trying to arrange the deportation.

The prison system seems to move very slowly in the Philippines, so it's not easy to say when he'll actually be deported back to the UK. It appears to have taken almost a year to get to this stage, and Pat is having to communicate via the British consulate, which slows the process down even more.

I'll let you know if I hear any more.

Pete.