jrsides

Wardie Linton Dies Tuesday March 21, 2006

I received a phone call from Chip Gingery on Tuesday informing me that Travis Ward Linton, known to most of us as Wardie Linton died Tuesday March 21, 2006. These are the only details I have right now and will post more as it becomes available.

Wardie was always very friendly to me and my wife. He had an incredible and infectious enthusiasm for a simple round skydive on the sunset load. Some of the stories I've heard of Wardie in the old days still make me smile and shake my head. I'm glad I got the chance to know him and jump with him a few times over the past couple of years.

Wardie's wife has asked that if you knew Wardie and have any strories, videos or pictures about him that you please e-mail them to me at [email protected]. I will forward them to her.

There will be a memorial service in Chrisfield, Maryland and I will post any additional information here as it comes available,

J.R. Sides
Chambersburg Skydiving Center
717-264-1111

I just saw him a few months ago. He was over a few times to visit; I wouldn't let him take the scooter to the liquor store because I was afraid he'd crash and burn. :)
He was more than a handful, but he was also a nice guy. I'm sorry he's gone.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb