yamtx73

What a day....

Yesterday was an awesome day, even with the rain. After a 3 hour weather hold I did my check out dive around 1:30 and finally got my A license. After the rain and cloud cover cleared at about 5:00 we were able to get up for one last load. Some friends were putting together a small formation dive and asked me to join in but I decided to pass but promised to jump with them next weekend. Their 4 way formation was first out the door, I was out next followed by 2 tandems. I did what was later described to me as a perfect diving exit and was stable at 12,000'. For the first time I was totally relaxed and flying my body correctly, I was even able to finally feel the relative wind on my feet and legs. Starting with a nice slow turn to the left, just enjoying the view, after turning about 180 degrees I was facing a rainbow that was just at eye level and decided to stay where I was and enjoy the rest of the ride down. Without a doubt this had to be the best jump I've had thus far.....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Man I love this sport.

Mee too.
Had my second sunset jump yesterday, which was really a night jump because by the time we were down, the airport beacon was on. It was one of the most awesome experiences I've ever had, watching a sunset go by at high speed. Kinda like timelapse in an odd way.

Congrats!!! I just got my "A" too....doesn't jumping just feel different after? I felt so much more relaxed(also aced my exit on my first jump after). Even doing a two way that didn't accomplish everything we had planned, I still had so much fun. I didn't feel like I was getting judged on it, and suddenly, I feel like I can just learn at my own rate, and don't have to worry about deadlines or passing anything. Its an incredible feeling.
~Dottie

“Everything looks perfect from far away.”
Postal Service, Such Great Heights