Scoop

Skysurf preperation

Hi,

Now before everyone starts getting mighty saying about experience levels I'm well aware of that and I don't intend to rush into anything. I would like to be good after all and time spent at each level/discipline is time well spent.

You may remember I showed interest in skysurfing, well this weekend I was fortunate to share a couple of loads with UK gold team and watching the exits from the aircraft door and the video afterwards was awesome.

Whilst being a long way off getting near that discipline I wondered what people thought might be a good training platform prior to attempting skysurfing. For example I am aware that good body control in all orientations is important so a good time spent freeflying is a good starter (but not at expense of belly skills in initial stages), does anybody have any other thoughts about what is good. Maybe what you tried before hand or wish you had spent a little more time on before strapping a board to your feet.

Thanks people! :)

Scoop,

Skydive Radio had an interview with Tanya O'Brien a few shows back and as I recall, they did discuss some "how to get started" kinds of things; it might be interesting to listen to. This was on show #41.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Hey, yeah cheers, I have listened to that. Was quite good show but not very informative. I think only real pointers that come out of it is she recommends at least 100 skydives (BPA recommends at least 200) and to be able to fly your body in all dimensions so that reinforces the freefly.

Was wondering if anyone had any idea for good progression

Hi Scoop,

Remember you from yesterday, but didn't realise you had such an interest in Skysurf. This is something that's really good to hear about as its abit of a dying sport:) The main thing to remember about skysurf is that its not as hard to get into as people think but as a skysurfer you will spend alot of time (initially) practicing on your own (it can be lonely:() But the rewards are so worth it if you persevere. It can be very intense when learning but hey if its what you really want to do best of luck buddy. Any more questions just ask at the DZ.
Rohan Beal UK Skysurf team:)p.s. not my account this is wiggys

Hello mate, thats odd, didn't realise you guys checked the forum.

Yeah I definately have an interest. Its something different and unique and I definately want to have a go when the skill level is up.

Seeing your exit was awesome, I had my head out the door until you were out of sight :D

Best of luck to you and wiggy, hopefully see you around again sometime, thanks for your advice!