Pedro1960

Hello from Portugal! I need advice, please

Hello everyone! My name is Pedro and I'm from Portugal.
I am 46 years old and all my life I've practice action sports like Taekwondo, surf, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.
At the moment, I practice Kendo, Iaido and scuba diving.
A month ago, on the 1st aniversary of my wedding, we've jumped tandem with a great friend of mine that is an instructor... and I was hooked.
so I decided to do the AFF course with him. However, when I have showed a TAC of my cervical column to a doctor, he said NO WAY!
A year ago I felt some itching on my left arm and I took a TAC and a electromiogram.
One of the things that I know is that one of my cervical disks is collapsed (between C5 and C6).

I strart treatment with a osteopath and all the symptoms had disapear. I practise Kendo 3 times per week and I usually go scuba diving every weekend (I'm a PADI Rescue Diver).

Can anyone in these forums give some advice about this? The problem is that it is difficult to find doctors that knows what is involved in parachuting.

I thank you in advance for any feedback.

Pedro

I attach a photo taken right after our tandem jumps. There's me with my wife and my friend in the middle.
He is the only BASE jumper in Portugal. Check him out at www.mariopardo.com

Is there an english version of the site?

I am of Portuguese descent, but unfortunately I dont speak the language.
My grandparents did, and my mother too, but myself not at all :-)

From which part of Portugal? Unfortunatelly, the Iaido website is not yet translated (I must have the time to do it...) but the kendo website is in english too.

Is there an english version of the site?

I am of Portuguese descent, but unfortunately I dont speak the language.
My grandparents did, and my mother too, but myself not at all :-)

From which part of Portugal?

Faial, Azores.
My grandfathers name was Alberto Vieira.

My name is Leahy. My mom married an Irishman ;)
__

My mighty steed

Faial, Azores.
My grandfathers name was Alberto Vieira.

My name is Leahy. My mom married an Irishman

I've been in Azores last April. I was scuba diving at Graciosa island. What a knockout diving!
As for the irish, we have a lot in common with Ireland in spite of the distance. Everytime Ireland play against Portugal it's a party in spite of who wins or who looses.

Eu acho que um dos marc-and-alysse e brasileiro (nao me lembro qual); isso faz o portugues muito mais facil :ph34r:.

Eu passei 8 anos no Brasil quando era menina; tem varios outros brasileiros aqui no dropzone.com de vez em quando, tambem.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Eu passei 8 anos no Brasil quando era menina; tem varios outros brasileiros aqui no dropzone.com de vez em quando, tambem.

Wendy W.

É bom ver como a minha lingua é tão falada. O Português é a 7ª lingua mais falada do mundo com 230 milhões de falantes e logo encontrei 3 aqui neste forum...B|

Pedro

Mais um brasileiro por aqui!

Pedro, existe dois portais brasileiros que são muito interessantes.

http://www.pqdbrasil.com.br/inicio/
http://www.skydivepro.com.br

Outra dica, é procurar o Paulo Silva (depois envio o email dele) que é um paraquedista do exército português que está sempre pronto a ajudar.

Abraços a todos!

Obrigado pela dica, Paulo!
Fico a aguardar o envio do email, pois neste momento toda a ajuda é pouca

Abraço
Pedro