mattyblast

What's Your Favorite Part of the Skydive?

I have to agree. Every part rocks. But, has anyone ever noticed how quite it gets in the plane right before the door opens? We've been joking,talking, have done our high fives or whatever, checked our gear, and then... silence. It's very cool.

I agree, that is the best part for me also.

Love the exit and swoop. The other bits are pretty darn fun too.

Not that I WANT exits to funnel, but I always tell the new guys not to be too hard on themselves for funneling an exit, cause I love the chance to swoop the big wobbling round that usually forms afterward.

Yeeha.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

How about the near death situations?

For some reason, I love those times when something doesn’t go as planned and death is nearly avoided - without any serious injury.

For some reason, I like that rush…

Second place for me is first release dives with solo freefall students when anything can happen…
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

I've heard people talking of measuring heart beats during a jump.
According to them, newbies have highest pulse upon exit, while experimented jumpers have it at pull time.

Is there someone who could confirm?

Wore my HRM last summer while doing my first solo while I was getting my A.

If I remember correctly, I was at something like 148 during final gear check, and then during free-fall it started dropping, under canopy was back to around 100... Stayed there till around 10 mins after landing.

I'm sure it'll be a trifle bit lower now...

The post about heart rate motivated me to post. I wore a heart rate monitor on several different weekends, just to see where I was most relaxed. Before I started, I assumed it would be the exit. After looking over my data, I found that it spiked the highest at the beginning.... Which was watching the Otter taxi to a stop...B|

Todd .... "Life, figure it out."

The post about heart rate motivated me to post. I wore a heart rate monitor on several different weekends, just to see where I was most relaxed. Before I started, I assumed it would be the exit. After looking over my data, I found that it spiked the highest at the beginning.... Which was watching the Otter taxi to a stop...B|

I could see that. Anticipation is very high stress. Once you get into whatever it is you were anticipating, you would tend to just act and stop overthinking; more of going with the flow instead of anticipatory fear of everything that might happen.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You left out the option for - every single part of it. :)

YES, but if I had to pick one part it would be packing:D

but for real if I am packing that means I'm still alive and looking 4ward to my next jump:D
My photos

My Videos