Jewels

User-Friendly Tandem Exits

I'm finally working up to my first tandem on Saturday, and I'm looking for suggestions as to user-friendly tandem exits for someone with door fear. I'm thinking that this one innocent little morning out at the dz is likely to lead to AFF, so I don't necessarily want to coddle my fears too much. I'd just like to know what others recommend, and if there's a good exit that might be easier on my brain. Thanks for the input!
TPM Sister #102

Your tandem instructor will choose an exit based on the type of plane your height and weight, etc. that is appropriate. You won't really have much off an option. ;) He or she is in charge of this skydive. Feel free to talk to him or her and see if there are some different options they might be willing to discuss with you.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Appropriate is good. I'm just hoping to have some flexibility, but the TI rules and I'm okay with that. I was just hoping that if I COULD choose, I'd know what might be a gentle way out. If there are no choices, I'll take that, too. Thanks!
TPM Sister #102

The most gentle way to exit the plane is to listen to the tandem instructor and comply with their requests.:)
Generally speaking, most instructors will request that you have your hands on your harness at the point of exit (i.e. do not hold onto the airframe;)).

When you're in freefall; smile, relax, and enjoy your skydive.
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I'm thinking that this one innocent little morning out at the dz is likely to lead to AFF

Let your Tandem Instructor know you will very likely become an AFF student and want to maximize you learning during your first tandem. Then let him take it from there, including making the choice of exit.
Arrive Safely

John

***Let your Tandem Instructor know you will very likely become an AFF student and want to maximize you learning during your first tandem. Then let him take it from there, including making the choice of exit.

Sounds like I MIGHT be able to get one of my wind tunnel instructors to do the tandem, and if so, he knows a bit about where I'm coming from. I was thinking I would probably have someone I don't know (and who doesn't know me), which may not make it any harder but sure doesn't make it any easier. At least if I get someone I know, we're not starting at total ground zero. So, that may be good news!
TPM Sister #102