Royd

shuttle launch

It really doesn't get much cooler than having your first high alt. hop n pop during the shuttle launch.

It actually broke through the clouds while we were still in the plane, but it still had fire in its tail after I was under canopy.

I jumped at Palatka, Fl. today.

We went to Sebastian for CRW practice, and got to watch the beautiful STS-115 launch as we built a 4-way formation. We could see it all the way to the SRB separation. Way cool.

Of the four of us, three work at KSC, so it was quite nice for us. I'm in the middle of the Space Station program, and I can tell you that we are all stoked to get this mission in the air. People have been working literally years to get everything ready for what will happen in the next several days up there. It takes a big team of really talented people to put it all together everytime a shuttle flies, and another big team to build and operate the Space Station. It's a very cool thing to be involved with. ;)

Kevin

That's awesome! I was on an otter load at Z-Hills climbing around 6000' when we saw it... pilot through the plane in a 180 so we could take a look from the door side of the otter. It was pretty cool! We could see it all the way from Z-Hills. Too bad we didn't get to altitude in time before it took off.

Blue Ones

-CP
"I have no fear of falling, but I hate hitting the ground" -The Badlees