blackfox

Army Airborne

The reaon why I must say that Bragg is nice is that I served 7 years there and PCSed 3 times there. I spent my time well in learning the ropes of paying my dues first. What I mean is dont take a new recriut out of AIT (Rigger school) and then send them to a SO's (Special Ops) unit. They do see the real army and that can get them in trouble. If you know what I mean?

I spent time with the teams traveling to Central America and yes the teams take care of the riggers. as we take take of the teams. Any duty assigment is what you make of it... Period.

I loved it when the teams could pack there HALO rigs when they left the home base as that allowed us to use less people to support operations and allowed the NCOs to observe as inspectors and assist the members in any questions that they had.

You want to know one placed that sucked was Saudi. Dealing with those people at times was like fighting small little battles in meeting of the minds but really it was like dealing with my five year old... But it was still good when it came to actually doing my job...;)
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

There isn't anything wrong with Bragg, Dan. It's a fantastic duty station. I was assigned to Bragg from 1984-2003; damn near my entire career (7th SFG, 3rd SFG, 2/1 SWTG). The only people who have a problem getting laid in fayetteville are guys with lisps who wear bicycle shorts and hang out at Itz and other gay places.:P

Of course that list is posted all over Bragg and Pope.

Even gives you the address of the place. I once sold Crusty Pizzas part time and had to deliver out to Lindas Private Club just over Harnet County line in the trailer park. Well two trailers that is. That address was posted correctly.

Just for you all to know when they saw that I had pizzas I collected the money and go out of dodge.

I do recall back in what 94 that Air Force Navigator that was caught in some gay bar and kept saying he was not gay, even his sister said my brother is not gay. Well the off post leter was for Pope also and he is no longer in the Air Force.
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith