pilatus_p

Crash mat for skydivers???

in reply to "Anti gravity belt/harness - thats the answer. I have been working on this and have come up with the harness - just need the anti-gravity device. "

:D me too :D

.. I can see this being done at the extreme magnetism games about 2080.

Jumper dials in harness as the south pole for launch ( through the north pole rings)
For landing jumper dials in north pole :)
Just like a particle accelerator/deccelerator for bods but vertical.

;)

you could have a large net attached in between two planes that fly around at a low altitude or coordinated so that they reach the vicinity of the diver at about the time of deployment...

you could have a catapult that fires a diver homing net with its own parachute system...

skydivers should wear retro rockets so while spinning during a mal they can regain control and slowly descend...

you could cover the ground with a number of strong magnets all placed for the same polarty, and skydivers would wear a suit that polarized opposite the ground, when they got closed to the magnet it would make them levitate or it would skip them off...

and my last one is going to be make a device that completely moves the earth, one earth length to the left leave the parachutist plenty of space to bypass said earth:S...
Fly it like you stole it

ow ow i know

you could build a giant funnel like the ones you you throw pennies down for charity, that would be fuckin hilarious to watch someone go down

then an impact mat would be feasible

i think the whole i dea would be to decelerate and take away momentum at a gradual pace

what about small parachutes attached to the legs and arms

or we could be ridiculous and just start wearing a second reserve on our bellies
Fly it like you stole it

Even though everything you are all coming out with is most likely total and utter sh*te, I have nonetheless filed patents on all of them. That way when someone eventually finds a way to make one of these dumbass things work, I get rich.

Mission accomplished $$$$$$

Hm I'll be 102 in 2080. The cash will come in handy.

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

The problem with crash mats is that the jumper has to be able to hit the thing on the ground. I think a more practical alternative would be a "panic suit", a jumpsuit with a gas cylinder inside that could be quickly inflated by yanking a cord. The suit would then inflate like a giant beachball. Now this suit won't do any good if it just bursts on impact, so it has to have a valve release mechanism for letting the air out. So after impact, the valve opens and lets the air out in a jet, blowing the jumper around in every direction until the air is all gone, sort of like in a Wiley Coyote cartoon.

Don't knock it, this could become mandatory in our lifetime.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

The problem with crash mats is that the jumper has to be able to hit the thing on the ground. I think a more practical alternative would be a "panic suit", a jumpsuit with a gas cylinder inside that could be quickly inflated by yanking a cord. The suit would then inflate like a giant beachball. Now this suit won't do any good if it just bursts on impact, so it has to have a valve release mechanism for letting the air out. So after impact, the valve opens and lets the air out in a jet, blowing the jumper around in every direction until the air is all gone, sort of like in a Wiley Coyote cartoon.

Don't knock it, this could become mandatory in our lifetime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rockhound: I remember this one! This is one where the coyote sat his ass in a slingshot then strapped himself to an acme rocket. Is that what we're doing here?

Truman: [under his breath] Rockhound.

Rockhound: No really, cos it didn't...

Harry Stamper: [shouting over Rockhound] Hey Rock!

Rockhound: ...work out too well for the Coyote, Harry!

Truman: We have a lot better rockets than the Coyote.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Oxygenated gelatin? Ew. Gooey.

I think this thread is the finest use of mis-spent bandwidth I've seen in recent times.

How many people are coming up with this stuff at work by the way? You guys are from all over: Maybe we can set a record for global procrastination?

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

The problem with crash mats is that the jumper has to be able to hit the thing on the ground.

Considering a couple of my most recent bad spots, that mat would have to be atleast four miles square.:P

I think a more practical alternative would be a "panic suit", a jumpsuit with a gas cylinder inside that could be quickly inflated by yanking a cord.

I'd definitely want to protect that handle while on the way up to altitude in our fully-loaded C182!:D:D:D