windcatcher

Jumping with contacts and sunglasses?

I'm with you Kris. I had someone talk me into wearing sunglasses many years ago (not skydiving) because of 'harmful UV's', blah, blah, blah.... Now my eyes are so sensitive, I have to have sunglasses.

Sure that's not just due to old age!?

I don't believe in the sunglasses are babying your eyes argument. I do believe that skipping the UV will pay off in another 30 years.

Since I have contacts, should I just be wearing only goggles, or can I still wear sunglasses?

If you ever jump with "just sunglasses" (no goggles over the sungl.), be sure the lenses are tight in the frames. I had a lense blow out of glasses while in FF once.........landed OK, but depth perception wasn't great.

D--
WEB SITE: www.newconthenet.com

I've never jumped with sunglasses but I have with goggles and a full face helmet. I routinely loose a contact here and there from wind coming from the back of the helmet no matter how tight I make it. Recently, I lost both in freefall and it was sunset (read...dark). It was the scariest experience - not being able to see people under canopy and having no depth perception. Lady luck was on my side that day and I landed without incident. I would recommend that you take the most sensibe approach to protecting your contacts especially if your eyesight is poor without them. I've started saving up my $ for Lasik. :)