Finley1128

Coaches Course Wanted

Not all courses will be listed here, but it is a good place to start your hunt:

http://www.uspa.org/tabid/158/Default.aspx?Category=Coach

Since there are jumps in the coach course, they are typically scheduled when good jumping weather is likely. Thus, the NE is not likely to have a course until Spring.

Good Luck!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

How many people are interested?

Also consider the fact that the course is more of a "Test" than actually learning anything, and you need an aircraft for the air evaluations,....so New England is tough, but CPI sometimes has a pre-season attempt at putting courses and training tighter , march ish??? But this is so variable and dependent upon the individuals involved, best to get on the phone and leave messages with manifest at the multiple places concerned.

I know of a couple tentatively scheduled in Deland that isn't going to be listed by Skydive U and others. Also Z mounds has a running program as well as Eloy and a few others in CA, yo may want to travel for this.

C

Good luck and know the course before you take it...

Which means the latest IRM, just came out, and the latest SIM. 2014 / 2015 series.
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Also consider the fact ChrisD doesn't know what he is talking about. He obviously is not rated and is only guessing what a coach course is. It actually is 3 days of intensive learning about how to teach students. If you're not already a teacher you will learn a ton of valuable information. You will be tested on 2 very simple air evaluations and you will practice ground preps. But the course is 99% classroom learning and 1% test which is a given you will pass. The course is all about teaching and has very little to do with your air skills.

ShotterMG

Also consider the fact ChrisD doesn't know what he is talking about. He obviously is not rated and is only guessing what a coach course is. It actually is 3 days of intensive learning about how to teach students. If you're not already a teacher you will learn a ton of valuable information. You will be tested on 2 very simple air evaluations and you will practice ground preps. But the course is 99% classroom learning and 1% test which is a given you will pass. The course is all about teaching and has very little to do with your air skills.

I don't know what planet your from?

But that was some of the worst fucking advice I have ever heard....

"3 days," I'll leave some others to chime in about that,...

"Simple air evaluations?"

Stay within 15 feet of any and all evaluators is most coach instructors REQUIRMENTS. From exit to wave off, and thow in a few funkey moves,...

I really don't fully understand why you would lie and mislead people this way?

C

Still attempting to scam the unknowing with your bullshit about how students are treated at SNE?

There is a big difference between making statements about how a place is open as compared with the number of times an aircraft fly's jumpers during the day.

You have repeatedly stated in the past that Jumptown is open during the week when it is not. All anyone would have to do is just pick up the phone to confirm this.

SNE is also a shitty place for students when the "coaches" and the vidioe guys, and the Affi's are all the same person. Yo go on a ten MPH wind hold for that postage stamp you call a field, students continuously being shuffled around and frequently don't jump because a tandem pays more! and then yo fucking laugh about how the forest around SNE is fun?????

Jumptown made it possible for about 70 students to progress this 2013 season. with their coaches being available most all the time they are open.
Pepperell graduated about 25 students this year with many fun jumpers having the coaches rateing making many jumps possible because they were open every day.

SNE lost students, I can name names!

The aircraft didn't fly, the "coaches" were busy, and manifest played games with the schedule.

It seems a few coaches up at SNE have issues with their marketing and this expends to giving unqualified comments about getting a coaches rating.

They are best at slinging mud, name calling and bullshitting. Notice every time this individual resorts to this tactic, I am at a loss to fully understand why.

Additionally the coaches, at SNE have "restrictions" and even some of the AFFI's help the coaches during the week at SNE, they travel from jumptown on the days jumptown is closed!

You are going to have a really interesting time explaining your comments to those that have posted many times about how and the effort required to get the coach rating. All anyone has to do is take a gander at the hundreds of posts here by doing a search.

But you go right on minimizing how easy it is to get a coach rating....

C

Shauna, if you want to take the coach class come to Deland It will be taught by some of the best in the business. If you want an option then check out many of the other fine places that will be running classes nearby this winter.
As well as Elsanore, Lodi, and a host of others, but as far as the Northeast,...they are closed for the season. I would give the ranch a call, leave a message as well as crosskeys, they can't be that far away from you as well as you can take the train to FL from your area. Good luck.

You might also give Linda at the Ranch a call, for advice, if you can get her up and about she can run a private course for you if yo have the funds.... but her advice will be freely and generously given as well as she has trained a whole lot of coaches and coach examiner's!!! (I'm sorry but I can't spell her last name.)

As many other places can as well.

The course is all about the air skills however,...I suggest yo find someone and practice just exactly what is required.

This is an example of shittermg's typical response to those that are interested in the qualifications of those Tandem instructors that take the responsibility of giving "rides" to an unsuspecting public:

ShotterMG on tandem instructors', and this is his quote:

"You will be fine. Any monkey can throw a drogue. "

And here he offers advice to some unsuspecting person interested in getting a rating. :S

But of course "it's a given that you will pass,..."

In other words just pay your money and you'll get your rating?????

Just want to be clear here ShotterMG, is that what your sayin?????
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Haha. Wow. I have nothing to add. Your post really speaks for itself. And your depth of knowledge is impressive. This statement,
"Stay within 15 feet of any and all evaluators is most coach instructors REQUIRMENTS. From exit to wave off, and thow in a few funkey moves,... " Really shows off your technical knowledge of the course. I stand corrected. You are super informed, obviously.
FYI... I had nothing to do with your conversation about SNE and operating hours. I think you had that argument with yourself. Anyway, it's great you want to rehash all of your own threads but you should stick to one topic at a time, me thinks. Plus, your knowledge of the coach course is so rich and detailed I really would just like to hear more from you on that topic. We are all so lucky to have you as a resource! Thanks so much. :)

ShotterMG

False. The course is a combo or teaching and learning. Sure it is "simple" to the "prepared", which is key, be prepared.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

False. The course is a combo or teaching and learning. Sure it is "simple" to the "prepared", which is key, be prepared.

Matt

+1. That includes having enough jumps and a B license.
Don't worry about nuthin' cause nothin's gonna be okay.