MakeItHappen

USPA Eastern RD Resigns

Mike Perry announced May 6, 2007 that he is resigning his USPA BOD position to pursue his career.

Perry resigned as Chair of the S&T Comm last month.

Procedures pertaining to the filling a Board vacancy are available in the USPA Goverance Manual, at uspa.org.

Any Eastern Region USPA member in good standing for the previous 12 months may be nominated by a current BOD member or the outgoing director.
Potential candidates should contact the BOD to find someone to nominate them and also garner a sufficient number of votes to win the election.
An election will take place at the next BOD meeting in SF where the vacancy becomes official business.

Perry was also the USPA VP. That office will be filled by an election at the next BOD mtg. too.

From the uspa site
" The Board of Directors will entertain names for nomination and election during its July meeting in San Francisco. Refer to Governance Manual for qualifications and duties."

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Mike seemed like a nice guy, I met him at Dave DeWolfs riggers course 3 years ago where he served as an instructor.

His home DZ is in another region and I never heard of him jumping at DZ's in the Eastern region.

Maybe I am old fashioned but I always thought the RD should jump in his/her own region once in a while. At least make an appearence at the DZs you are supposed to represent from time to time. Most of the people at my DZ don't even have a clue who he is.

Anyway, I'll take the job....What's it pay? ;)