30Tonga

Falcons @ Hove Cricket Club

Have you Guys viewed this on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4zhZyyl4vE

Hope all the team were OK? Jumping into such a tight site with lighting stanchons, 5/6 story buildings and gusty strong wind does seem totally insane!:S

What does an experienced skydriver think?

edit: clicky ~ cpoxon

I guess I think they did a really good job not killing themselves or any spectators, but I am having a real hard time understanding how conditions on the ground were ideal for a jump and that one second after the ground crew gave them the go ahead it turned to shit?!

Edit: to be more to the point
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Interesting - Having been involved in general aviation (only); I think the jump should never have gone ahead. A case of blind carry-on-itis and serves the Skydiving fraternity very poorly.

The light was fading, the cloud was getting lower, and the wind above building level was 30kts+ and 15kts+ on the surface, which would indicate a high level of Shear and turbulence below 50'. Additionally, there are 150' lighting stanchions in each corner of the pitch.

Nothing personal but if it was an Air show the Reds display would have been pulled - that’s my two pence worth! B|

I'm just tickled that they are listed in that article as ex-military... AFAIK all of the RAF Falcons are serving... in the Air Force strangely enough.

Although many of us have thought for years that Air Force types aren't really military. :P:)
Good to hear that they are all ok.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.