wckai

Many thanks for my "A"

Along with the many others achieving their licenses as the summer winds down, I was finally able to earn my "A".

For anyone interested, the video for my check dive can be seen at:
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=6167

I would just like to thank everyone at Skydive New England for all of their help, with particular thanks to the AFF instructors for putting up with me and my incessant questioning, and, of course, for teaching me how not to kill myself.

I would also like to thank the great gals at manifest for their organization and patience, as well as the excellent packers for continually saving my life.

Thanks also go out to SkyVenture New Hampshire for all of their help in fixing many of my bad freefall habits, which has allowed me to progress and pick up new bad habits to be fixed.

Let's see...who else...(hey, where's that orchestra music coming from?)...oh, thanks to all of you here on dz.com for the great wealth of information and amusement....And, of course, thanks to my mom, and my dad and my...hey, where are you taking me? You can't drag me off stage, my speech isn't done yet! Waaaaiiiiittt.....

Oh, you can be assured that beer was bought. And between my beer and the alcohol provided by the other students getting their "A"'s (there were 4 of us all told that day!), the dz was incredibly well stocked. It was enough to last AT LEAST an hour...maybe even 2!

;)

And good luck on your own quest, PabloCruz! It's definitely a great feeling, even before beer gets involved!

...that's a good question. All of my student jumps were on either a Navigator 200 or a Silhouette 210 with wing loadings ~0.85 (I weigh ~170lbs all geared up). My instructors think a 170 of some kind (Sabre2, or maybe an old Sabre1 if it can be found? Maybe a Silhouette?) would be good for me, though I wonder if I should try a 190 first to see if I can tell much of a difference between that and what I'm used to. I'm not itching to get to the small canopy/high wing loading type of performance, to be sure. I'm really quite content with a nice, easy ride back to Earth. ;)

I wonder if I should try a 190 first

Most def...

If you cannot rent a 190 where you are then you can order a demo canopy from PD and use if for a couple weeks.

Remember, the idea is to never get injured or killed skydiving, stack the odds in your favor.

Congrats again on your A, that is a great accomplishment...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…