IanHarrop

news? Skydiving Company Coming To Hillsboro

Who is aware of this?

http://www.hillsbororeporter.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=54&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=9081&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1012&hn=hillsbororeporter&he=.com

Skydiving Company Coming To Hillsboro
Have you ever wanted to feel the rush of falling to the ground from up to 13,000 feet at speeds around 120 miles per hour?

Skydivers feel that rush every time they jump from an airplane, and soon they will be doing it at the Hillsboro Municipal Airport.

As part of a concerted effort to recruit aviation-related business to the airport, the city council approved a contract with Skydive 35, L.L.C to construct a 3,000-square-foot hangar and operate training classes and jumps.

Owners Jeff Hawk and Ivan Brigman will relocate their twin-turbine Beech King Air and two single-engine Cessna 182 aircraft to Hillsboro from Granbury.

The company is in the process of constructing its hangar at the airport and is expected to be up and running in Hillsboro in May.

Airport Manager Dave Heald said that the new business will bring exposure to the city and people into town.

Skydive 35 is financing the construction of its facility at the airport with no assistance from the city.

Under the contract, should the business close, its hangar and improvements made to it will become the property of the City of Hillsboro.

They plan to offer all facets of the sport from basic instruction to advanced techniques.

Planes will take off from the airport and drop skydivers in drop zones on the airport property.

Airport Manager David Heald said that safety is a top priority and that everything possible will be done to ensure the safety of all users of the airport.

Skydive 35’s staff is United States Parachute Association (USPA) trained and certified to provide quality instruction to newcomers and veteran skydivers alike.

They will offer three different types of first-jump training courses of static line, accelerated free fall (AFF) and tandem progression.

They believe that offering these three different types of USPA approved- and certified-training methods, enables them to better meet the needs of each student.

The company attempts to match the particular training program to the needs and abilities of each individual student, according to its brochures.

You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a first-jump course, no exceptions.

USPA estimates that skydivers in the U.S. perform 5-million jumps each year. They also estimate that more than 300,000 people do a first jump every year.

That may sound like a lot of people jumping, but the truth is that less then one percent of the population has ever made a skydive, and almost anyone can do it.

Skydivers range from the age of 18 to 96. They also enjoy a great sense of camaraderie with other skydivers as they all have one huge thing in common, the fun and enjoyment of human flight.

Prices for a jump start around $200 with training included. They will even take your photo and record a DVD of your fall.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Old news, there's even already been a thread on it.

Eagle Flight Skydiving in Granbury, TX is moving to Hillsboro. The City of Granbury basically developed the dropzone right off the airport. The DZ is still welcome, they just have no landing area anymore.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Which is too bad. I started at that DZ back when Wayne owned it. That DZ was special and at a great place. Incredible vibe and a fun 182 DZ in a cool little town in Texas.

Atleast since they're moving a lot closer, I'll be able to visit more often.:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."