ryan_d_sucks

First boogie

Hey,

I'm going to my first boogie here in just over a month in Richmond. I swear I saw an article on this site a while ago that talked about how to prepare for your first boogie. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere now... Anyone know the article I'm thinking of? Anyone have any other advice for me?

I just went to my first not long ago, prepare to have fun! On the top of your screen there is a tab called "safety", click it, and click on boogie safety. There is some more info you should be able to find by searching as well. Make sure when you get to the boogie, get a briefing and watch the landing pattern for a few loads before you go up, unless you are already familiar with the dz.

Although I haven't experienced that many, I belive they are all pretty close to similar. Boogies are set days that DZs designate special jumps, usually at lower prices, special methods of flight, i.e. hot air balloons, helicopters, etc. They tend to have special load organizers, theme parties, demo gear, contests, and a t-shirt all for a registration fee!

Check one out. They can be a lot of fun.

SA B|