dive_space

Jump Suit?

Not that I have the most knowledge here by far, but I'm assuming that most of the replies in your favor are going to be to wait. Often the DZ you're taking class at will provide you with a jumpsuit. I suppose there isn't any benefit to waiting, you could get one now. Only thing I can think of is that you might not be sure what type you want, between RW freeflying etc..

In my opinion, deciding on a jump suit is like buying a car tailered for you. If you like off-roading, you get a 4x4. I suggest waiting for just a little while longer until you HAVE your A and know what you will be pursuing in this sport. If you think you will be interested in freeflying, then you should wait until you can freefly and then get a suit based on how fast your freefly fall rate is. If you are into RW and want to stick with that, get an RW suit now... They're all pretty tight anyway. I personally have 2 jumpsuits, one freefly, and one flat-fly. I have jumped my flat-fly suit about 15+- times and my FF 4XX++ times... But that's what I like to do. I have a FreakFly FF suit, which I got after 100+ jumps. My first jumpsuit I got off ebay for $50 and took a while to realize it was too baggy for me, so after the experience I acquired, I went and got a suit measured and custom made to tailer to what I love most in this sport. Hope this helps.

A jumpsuit is an important tool for skydiving. I personally think it is well worth getting a custom made suit that fits just right. You need to ask your instructors how fast you fall before you can decide what type of suit to get. Different materials allow different adjustments to your fall rate. I would suggest getting a relative work jumpsuit first (with booties), since will will almost certainly make RW jumps for a while before you start freeflying (maybe not?), and you'll always want one anyway in case you want to jump with other bellyflyers.

On the other hand, they're expensive, and you might want to wait until you get gear, so you can get a suit that matches the colors of whatever rig you buy! Your DZ surely has suits you can borrow until then. Learn all you can about jumpsuits (and all the rest of the gear) in the meantime.

I would wait until you have done your course if I were you. I got my suit too early and now have an expensive competition FS suit I don't use much as I prefer Freefly!

All AFF courses provide the necessary outfits which you can scuff and get muddy at somebody elses expense.

I prefer jumping in shorts and a long sleeve T-shirt rather than in a suit anyway.

You also want to go to the forum for the discipline you are wanting to start on and ask there.

(IMO - most vendors are just fine. Though, IMO, there are a lot of "gimmicks" in the suits today that don't do anything other than jack up the price and feed jumper ego - which is a great market, BTW)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants