JPWoerner

Jet Fuel and Jump Ticket Prices

I'm not around my dz enough this time of year to really know any of the insides of jet fuel prices.. I know jet fuel prices usually go down after regular gas prices go down. A lot of DZ's jump ticket prices have gone up since gas started going up... Here's the thing: GAS PRICES HAVE GONE BACK DOWN! JUMP TICKETS ARE STILL $4-$5 MORE/TICKET! I absolutely love this sport, but can't keep going at the pace I like if ticket prices don't go back down. Talkin 4 jumps for $100(now) vs. 5 jumps for $100(old)... When you like doing 20+ jumps/week, it adds up. Is this 1) greed by the dz's for not lowering their jump ticket prices? or 2) jet fuel prices have not dropped yet? or 3) other?

Try being in the UK or other parts of Europe where jump ticket prices are often $30+ equivalent! In some countries in Europe you won't even get 3 tickets for your $100!

But the sentiment is still the same, with the fuel price increase of last year, a lot of places upped their prices, but they have not come back down with the fuel price decrease. Whether aviation fuel has decreased in price, I don't know.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).