floridagirl

Overseas Buyers (Thailand)

Hey,

Just thought I'd give a heads up. I recently sold a helmet to a girl in Thailand called Jungle. She paid quickly, but doesn't understand English and apparently uses an online translator program to translate everything.

As a result she didn't understand what I was referring to when I asked if she wanted the package insured, and thought I had scammed her when the package got tied up in customs (I had provided her with the tracking number and kept in touch with her via email). She did get the helmet (shipped through USPS), but ended up sending me an email calling me dishonest saying I took too long to mail it (USPS sent it back due to giving me the wrong form and everything had to be redone).

Anyway, she has included me on her distribution list advising of a 'person who scalds to deceive' who didn't send her the 'height meter' she paid for. She forwarded her email correspondence with the guy, Paul, who gave her a tracking number etc. I can't vouch for the guy, but it seems he didn't try to ignore her and referred her to contact the post office.

If she wants to buy anything from you I'd advise against using the US post to mail it and encourage her to use FedEx or equivalent to prevent her sending nasty emails asking where her stuff is (my husband reminded me that the average wage in Thailand is quite low hence her anxiety).

Cheers,

Lisa

Sorry to hear about this - but I strongly disagree with your recommendation - FedEx or equivalent (UPS, DHL or other courier services) will be many times more expensive than USPS.

The easiest route to take is to take pictures of the product before and after you box it and with the shipping label on it at the Post Office and use EMS level of service that provides online tracking. This way you have photo and electronic evidence you can provide to the buyer.

Yes I have shipped to Thailand before. Yes I have shipped to many skydivers all over the world. Yes I can back all this up with facts and 100s of packages sent.

Good luck all !

Sorry to hear about this - but I strongly disagree with your recommendation - FedEx or equivalent (UPS, DHL or other courier services) will be many times more expensive than USPS.

+ 1 Worth repeating, Im from Brazil, and all my gear i bought from U.S and came trough USPS Express Mail Service(EMS), and is great. As Long as you have a tracking number you will be fine
UPS, Fedex or DHL Is way too expensive.

Blue ones!