FTP_07

Is there anyone....

who is military that can answer the question I'm about to ask? I was told by someone that since I'm licensed (A license) I could easily get in as Airborne....is this true? I'm trying to get in right now (by trying I mean paperwork is being filed) but have no idea. Any input would be great. Thanks!

If you're joining the army, just tell them you want airborne school in your contract.

Being a skydiver has nothing to do with static line military jumps, and wont help you get airborne. (If anything, it could take longer for you to get the complete dearch when exiting that they need... and PLF!!)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

From someone who is in the Army...

I advise against airborne school for the simple fact it will result in messed up knees, fallen arches, or other injuries related to the numerous jumps. As a medic, we used to place bets how many would break their ankles on the DZ on jump days... it was a great way to make beer money before the weekend.

Airborne DOES NOT = skydiving.

Why don't you try out for the Golden Knights (then yes, you will HAVE to attend airborne)? They have try-outs in September.
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

Nah. I should have known better than to listen to a drunken colonel. It's okay - I really don't care to go to Airborne School - I like skydiving recreationally. I just got excited momentarily there. Anyway, thanks for the input!