c10edges

Important lessons learned on the DZ today

1) If the in shape, young person you are jumping with complains about chest pain after he lands, he might be having a heart attack.

2) Don't do three way head down exits with people who should not be doing three way head down exits, you might have your camera lens ripped off.

3) Don't trust other people on CREW jumps to pay attention to the direction of flight, you might land off by a mile in grain.

4) Don't try to snap the butt bungee cords of people while they are climbing into the plane, they might almost fall off of the ladder and slam their helmet.

5) Pay attention to the pilot chute attachment point on your canopy, it might be a couple stitches away from having a RDS for one jump.

6) Don't trust very low time jumpers to stick to the dive flow, they might go into a unexpected sit and/or pull 1,500 feet to low and/or not track away.

1) If the in shape, young person you are jumping with complains about chest pain after he lands, he might be having a heart attack.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I can't think of his name right now, but someone said he was only 35!

As a medic I have had 3 patients with MI's (heart attacks) who were 20/21. However, all were drug users, two IV drug users and the third using up the nose. First two in jail and I almost blew them off as fakers (early in my career). Turns out they had really bad family histories with relatives who died in early 40's. All they did was accelerate their future.

Others can have MI's from defects of the heart and or the electrical conduction system.