chuckakers

Good call, DZ Daddy

Skydive Houston. One Twin Otter.

8 am: Tandem customers coming through the door; 60+ scheduled for the day.

8:30 am: 4-way scrambles briefing. 10 teams. 5 rounds. Fundraiser for an injured TI (vibes for Dave).

9:30 am: Twin Otter on the ground with unknown electrical problem. Troubleshooting begins.

10:30 am: Caravan from Skydive San Marcos confirmed and on the way. Thank SDSM!!!

11 am: Mechanic says not today on the Otter.

11:30 am: DZO holds meeting with Scramblers: "Guys, we committed to you that we would run a scrambles today. Therefore we are rescheduling all of today's tandems. Caravan load 1, 20 minute call."

12 noon: Scrambles load 1 lifts off.

Good call, Todd. Keep it up.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Skydive Houston. One Twin Otter.

8 am: Tandem customers coming through the door; 60+ scheduled for the day.

8:30 am: 4-way scrambles briefing. 10 teams. 5 rounds. Fundraiser for an injured TI (vibes for Dave).

9:30 am: Twin Otter on the ground with unknown electrical problem. Troubleshooting begins.

10:30 am: Caravan from Skydive San Marcos confirmed and on the way. Thank SDSM!!!

11 am: Mechanic says not today on the Otter.

11:30 am: DZO holds meeting with Scramblers: "Guys, we committed to you that we would run a scrambles today. Therefore we are rescheduling all of today's tandems. Caravan load 1, 20 minute call."

12 noon: Scrambles load 1 lifts off.

Good call, Todd. Keep it up.

Way to go Skydive Houston!!!! I frickin love you guys and I am glad the fundraiser got to get going. Not just this weekend, but every weekend they do an awesome job of making their staff and locals feel cared for without ever missing a beat with the tandems. They really do an awesome job! B|
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

No kidding Chuck!!! I was SOOOO pleasantly surprised. After all, a dz IS still a business. I hope everyone involved truly appreciates the sacrifice made by the dz to go forward with the scrambles (btw ... I am pretty certain a great time was had by all, and I'm meaning before the jello shots came out!!). This sort of attitude is one of the main reasons I so much prefer SDH compared to the other local dz.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

No kidding Chuck!!! I was SOOOO pleasantly surprised. After all, a dz IS still a business. I hope everyone involved truly appreciates the sacrifice made by the dz to go forward with the scrambles (btw ... I am pretty certain a great time was had by all, and I'm meaning before the jello shots came out!!). This sort of attitude is one of the main reasons I so much prefer SDH compared to the other local dz.

Ditto B|
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Never been there, but +1. We jumpers rarely look at the amount of money generated by tandems versus us. This is a HUGE sacrifice on the part of the DZO...good for him for honoring a commitment (and going out of his way to get the aircraft to do so!).

I hope the he gets paid back with la ton of good karma and long-term loyalty from the fun-jumpers.
Signatures are the new black.