neue

Sore as shit after Hanging Harness training?

Hey guys,

I had my ground school (Comprehensive Jump Course, is what The Ranch calls it) on Saturday, and it was a fucking blast. Lots to learn and soak up in a day. But I think I did pretty damn well.

Anyways, we did lots of pilochute throws, cutaway / reserve training as well as canopy " 4 S's" training. And we did stuff over and over again, of course, all from the hanging harness. We also had "malfuctions" where someone would grab the rig and shake the shit out of it, while you're looking for your cutaway / reserve handles. It was pretty awesome, and very sobering. I'm really glad they do this, that way there's no hesitation if I actually have to cutaway.

So, it's been two days, and i'm still sore-as-fuck!
It kicked my ass!

Anybody else get pretty sore from that training?

The furthest we did our PLF's was about off the top of a picnic table!

But yeah, I wasn't expecting to be so sore afterwards! I mean, it took a day for the soreness to show up. I was fine while we were actually doing the training.

Do you ever get this sore from just jumping?

probably everyone here has a story to tell about black and blue thighs from a hard opening student canopy..

you'll get into trouble explaing them to your SO.. :D:D:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Luckily she knew where I was, so she was cool with it.

And of course, it worked well to ask for massages! Although the whole time she's like "You did it yourself! What are you complaining about?"

Then she asks me if i'm doubting skydiving...

HELL NO! :D

Luckily she knew where I was, so she was cool with it.

And of course, it worked well to ask for massages! Although the whole time she's like "You did it yourself! What are you complaining about?"

Then she asks me if i'm doubting skydiving...

HELL NO! :D

The massages are harder to get when in my case, shes jumping with me. I end up having to give em out! :D
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

ive jumped 3 times within two days and had a really hard opening yesterday. my groin is very sore but i was gona jump anyway unfortunetly the sun decided i wasnt going to get a second jump so idk if that was good or bad that i didnt jump.

and the message thing works for meB|

Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

my groin is very sore...

and the message thing works for meB|

I only got that just now... :D:D:D!!!

When I was getting in the hanging training rig, I asked the instructor how tight I should make the leg straps, and she says "enough to protect the family."

Good enough for me!

Not only that, but when you pull the cutaway and fall that foot or so, the chest strap practically punches you in the chin.

I think i'm starting to get a bit less sore.
But, damn that was killer!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That means your harness was poorly adjusted. Either the leg straps were too long or your main lift webs were too long.
Chest straps are supposed to stay at chest level.
Good instructors supervise to prevent this sort of injury.

I'll be sure to have this stuff properly adjusted on the student rig for the IAF jumps.

The hanging harness rig was a really old bastard rig too. I think your right, the main lift webs were too long.

Luckily I am completely recovered now (almost a week later) but I'll be sure to adjust everything properly for my IAF jumps. I'll be sure to bug my instructors until I get it right.

When we were doing practice pilochute throws with actual student rigs, the rigs fit much snugger. It's the same rigs we'll be using on our IAF jumps, and damn they are a lot heavier than I was expecting!