Tuna-Salad

Freefall Fruit

You are talking about spotting the jump to assure it's over a wide-open field, or water, or something like that, aren't you? I'd think an orange at its terminal velocity, with the mass from its water packed into a fairly small bulk, and being fairly streamlined, would hit with some force should you accidentally drop it.

I don't see why I couldn't get out over the swamp or something. I would obviously ask about it first and get safety pointers instead of just doing it and asking later. As for the people saying an orange won't do damage ... you might want to see the jai-alai episode of jackass where oranges got hurled.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

Freefall produce is not a new idea at all. I've done a lot of experimenting with a wide variety of produce. Trust me, they go much faster than most people think and they hit with much much more force than you would think.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=2030088&id=1296321030
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Freefall produce is not a new idea at all. I've done a lot of experimenting with a wide variety of produce.

The noble tradition of empirical science!
Very few photos are available of such events, for obvious reasons.

Did the pineapple fall nice and straight?
I'm wondering if the rough surface (plus tail) helped keep a fairly random, turbulent airflow over it so it would track somewhat straight, rather than building up any wing-like lift over smooth rounded surfaces.

Meanwhile veggies that are a bit lumpy could more easily turn and create the sort of lift (in this case horizontal) that has them darting off in different directions every few seconds?

I would guess the unbalanced forces would largely simply be from asymmetric shapes, with Magnus effect forces low if the spin rate stays small compared to the large overall speed.

(I once went out with a pumpkin. Found it was good practice for an AFF instructor, as one really had to chase it as it darted around in random directions.)

And then very smooth, symmetrical objects will also fall fairly straight?

Can you comment more on the aerodynamics of freefall produce? It is somewhat lacking in my aerodynamics textbooks.

I don't see why I couldn't get out over the swamp or something. I would obviously ask about it first and get safety pointers instead of just doing it and asking later. As for the people saying an orange won't do damage ... you might want to see the jai-alai episode of jackass where oranges got hurled.

I think that is what people are saying. If you are going to do it, just make sure you are not over anything you don't want to damage. Swamp sounds like a great place.
I'd have to guess that an orange would fall straighter than the pineapple with all the bumps and leaves on it?...?
Well behaved women don't often make history.