rivetgeek

Suit against the ranch is dismissed (finally)

The ranch uses a tandem progression type of program and transitions to AFF. I think all students make 3 tandems.

Dave

Really?! So every AFF candidate has to pony up $600+ before they can even consider doing their AFF I dive - which is another couple hundred?

So they are in for $800 or $900 (or more) by the time they have completed their first AFF dive?

Depending on the progression they start at AFF 3-4, not AFF1.

The ranch uses a tandem progression type of program and transitions to AFF. I think all students make 3 tandems.

Dave

Really?! So every AFF candidate has to pony up $600+ before they can even consider doing their AFF I dive - which is another couple hundred?

So they are in for $800 or $900 (or more) by the time they have completed their first AFF dive?

this is what ive done so far(it was optional, just recommended, because it *could* save money too)

but basically i did two tandem jumps, and was able to skip the two jump master jumps.So ive done 2 tandem jumps(where i learned to turn,[i was allowed a few seconds of tracking just for fun] pull the chute and canopy control. then i only did three AFF jumps before i graduated(didnt fail any AFF).

hope i didnt water my explanation down to be confusing

On topic; I had a guy threaten to sue me because I refused to give him solo instruction. He was an obvious drug burn out, and I was not about to train him. We did take the threat seriously, but thankfully it never amounted to anything.

I hope no DZs would let themselves be jerked around by that kind of threat. Other than something truly unlawful like racial/ethnic discrimination or something like that, a DZ is a private business, and can accept or reject any prospective customer it chooses. (I'd be mildly curious to know on what supposed "basis" he threatened to sue.)