brits17

Another shoulder surgery question

I had shoulder surgery 2 years ago to repair my torn rotator cuff. The ligaments have since re-torn, there have been at least 4 instances of dislocations since. The most recent being last night at the rock gym. I know by the pain (and the sound of tearing) that I really messed it up this time.

I don't have health insurance anymore, I am a full time college student in my last semester. I was told by my previous doctor that open surgery is my only other resort.

Are there any avenues to having surgery without insurance? Thanks guys.

Brittany, sorry to hear about this. I was not aware that you had previously had a problem with the shoulder. You hid the pain well. [:/]

Based on the many people I know with rotator or dislocation problems, surgery seems to be the only alternative.

Blue skies,

Jim

Thanks Jim. I had several good responses and PM's from my bonfire post. I realize I'm eligible for VA benefits, and KateCooper and Slappie sent me some great ideas as well. Hopefully I'll get it resolved for good one way or another ;)