Sierrasmom22

Sierra Thomas

Yes, I think making sure ANY newer skydiver gets facts straight is helpful to that person and the sport as a whole. Several people have pointed that out, and I have thanked them graciously and made sure, since I cannot edit the former post, to clarify exactly what was correct (FAA vs. USPA) in another post later on.

I completely appreciate anyone correcting any typos, mistakes, or misconceptions (respectfully) that I (or others) have made or believe to be true, and believe I have accepted such correction with appreciation and not rudeness or defensive demeanor. We're all adults here, right? I am still learning as are we all right? I think we all have things to teach one another- in skydiving, but moreso in LIFE- bigger picture? Nothing like a fatality to put that in perspective either.

So once again, thank you for your willingness to mentor newer skydivers, and to set things straight when something incorrect is posted for whatever reason. I don't need to grovel and I am not going to say it again. But I do have genuine gratitude for those who are willing to share their knowledge and help others accumulate it so that accurate info gets spread and skydiving is made safer and better understood by all.

Dramazone- JOKE!
The only people I have heard refer to it that way have been long-time DZ.com members and experienced skydivers, and multiple times- I in no way meant it as an insult and I think that would have been clear.

If I felt this was not a helpful place I would not spend the time to post or read here-- BUT I also think people who don't know me don't understand that I think and thus type at a ridiculously fast speed, and a post that seems like it would take an average someone hours to write is often written very quickly for me, and sometimes while multi-tasking (I'm a mom- trust me I know multitasking.. ;)

Beyond that I see no need to respond further to any of the above posts or comments thrown my way or get defensive. I have no hard feelings towards anyone here but clearly do not appreciate people being rude for no reason. And I am slightly regretful now that this whole thing has taken over a thread that could have better addressed several important subjects, namely a parent's loss of a child to skydiving, safety in the sport in general, and/or legal ramifications of certain actions or discussions. My respects to Sierra's family and I apologize if I have contributed to taking this thread off of the more important topics relating to her accident and to the skydiving community.

So, again--- time for thread to die? Or back to our regularly scheduled programming??

I am done here- off to class, then helping with flyering for a community group meeting I am volunteering with, then a dinner get-together with an old friend, and a review session for an upcoming exam.

peace,
robyn

Have you found your way over to the Speakers Corner by chance yet? You're gonna love it:)