npgraphicdesign

Skydiving with allergies/sinuses?

I have a mild case of allergies + sinuses. Been coughing on and off for about 2 weeks now, but slowly getting better. Taking some medicine, etc etc blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

So, should I say screw it and go skydive tomorrow? Or is it a bad idea to skydive with allergies and/or sinuses?
[:/]

If you have sinus congestion I wouldn't advise jumping. I'm getting back in the air tomorrow after sitting down for two weekends (and missing an awesome event on one of them!) due to jumping with sinus congestion and rupturing something in my sinuses, which then became infected. It wasn't fun!

If you're taking decongestant and it's keeping your head clear, you may be fine. If you're obviously congested on the ground, or if you do a jump and feel any kind of pressure or pain, it's probably best to sit down for the weekend and recover before you make things worse.

Just my $.02
I got nuthin

If you have sinus congestion I wouldn't advise jumping. I'm getting back in the air tomorrow after sitting down for two weekends (and missing an awesome event on one of them!) due to jumping with sinus congestion and rupturing something in my sinuses, which then became infected. It wasn't fun!

If you're taking decongestant and it's keeping your head clear, you may be fine. If you're obviously congested on the ground, or if you do a jump and feel any kind of pressure or pain, it's probably best to sit down for the weekend and recover before you make things worse.

Just my $.02

I will add $.02 to that!

(TAKE THE ADVISE ABOVE)

There, now it's worth $.04

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

Just my $.02

I will add $.02 to that!

(TAKE THE ADVISE ABOVE)

There, now it's worth $.04

Damn inflation!! :P

What about doing a hop n pop to see how my head/ears/etc feel? :|

Just my $.02

Yeah, if your head is clear, you're probably ok... but do a low exit (4-6 grand should work) to see if the pressure is building up and becoming painful
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I jumped when I was congested earlier this year, but I took a Sudafed and was feeling ok on my jumps. About 2 days later, I got a horrible ear infection. I read in Parachutist that the rapid acceleration can irritate the eustachian tubes in your ears if you're congested. There's no way for me to know if I would have gotten an ear infection anyway, but I was regretting jumping. Man, that ear infection hurt!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I jumped when I was congested earlier this year, but I took a Sudafed and was feeling ok on my jumps. About 2 days later, I got a horrible ear infection. I read in Parachutist that the rapid acceleration can irritate the eustachian tubes in your ears if you're congested. There's no way for me to know if I would have gotten an ear infection anyway, but I was regretting jumping. Man, that ear infection hurt!

Oh I know...i was just being mildly sarcastic. In fact, I think I have that same issue you're talking about.

Maybe i'll do a H&P Sunday to see how I feel...

And the one time I jumped while sick with a sinus infection, I ended up with blood up my face (nose bleed). It was not pretty. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban