RMK

Spreadsheet to Backup Logbook & Gear Info

I’ve seen prior threads where people were looking for ways to backup their logbooks and/or keep track of jump numbers, types and gear info.

Attached is an Excel file with two spreadsheets; one for jump entries and a second sheet that automatically updates and consolidates the info into a single page view. Just edit the example personal and jump info to make you own file. Be careful when editiing the formulas; I’ve included a notes doc.

I made this spreadsheet several years ago while bored on a long-haul flight.

Blues
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Pimp it up with all the columns you want; just inset columns as needed. I kept it simple as a template.

For example, my personal copy has an added column for differing types of wingsuits flown (copy/edit the formula where it tracks your jumps per rig)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I've had my own customized spreadsheet for years. One page has all the DZs I've jumped at, and how many jumps I made at each one for each year, with totals along the bottom for each year and at right for each DZ, plus pages for aircraft jumped from, monthly totals, gear jumped and total jumps on each component, a milestone page where I list significant jumps, and finally a page where I list all my license, award and membership numbers.

I started it not long after my car and gear were stolen, including the logbook that was almost full, and contained many of my most memorable jumps. I've been using the spreadsheet since 1998. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've had my own customized spreadsheet for years. One page has all the DZs I've jumped at, and how many jumps I made at each one for each year, with totals along the bottom for each year and at right for each DZ, plus pages for aircraft jumped from, monthly totals, gear jumped and total jumps on each component, a milestone page where I list significant jumps, and finally a page where I list all my license, award and membership numbers.

Mine figures out the percentage of my jumps made nekked. (Currently 13.86%) ;)
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Here is a demo version of my logbook-spreadsheet. I am NOT an Excel proficient person. Everything I do is by cutting and pasting and figuring stuff out. I cobbled this together and make no apologies for not taking the simplest or most efficient method of getting from point A to point B. It works for me! Nor is it artistic, I don't need "pretty", I need information. This is a stripped down version, my personal spreadsheet has a bunch of nekked-specific columns and sheets.

To operate this version, just fill in the basic information (columns A through I). Then do a "fill down" on J through M (K and L are hidden). All of the other pages are automatically populated.

The spreadsheet is based on the standard, traditional 120 mph chart. If you want to enter an amount of freefall time other than that, just enter the amount of freefall time under "Delay", the spreadsheet will then use that figure rather than the one off the 120 mph chart.

Entering new dropzones, aircraft, canopies, or new years into the Summary sheet is NOT an automatic process. If you have a basic knowledge of Excel and can figure out what is going on, it should be no big deal.

Enjoy.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving