Gators1240

First time at a new DZ

Ok so before anyone yells at me about this post I did do a search and couldn't find anything. I am new to the sport and will be starting aff in about a week. After my license is done I will be moving to California and because of this will be at a new dz with very little experience. Other than buying beer is there anything else i should do/expect being so new to the sport and to a dz where I don't know anyone?

1)be friendly and introduce yourself - wallflowers are often overlooked
2)expect to run into some mediocre asshats with inflated ego's that wont jump with you
3)make friends by hanging around the dz after hours *(with beer does help)
4)listen to all the *no shit there I was... thought I was gonna die story's.
5)dont inflate your skills, people will find out soon enough how well you fly
6)ask manifest to hook you up with anyone organizing low timer loads or with individual jumpers who go out of their way to fly with lowtimers
7)be yourself *(unless your an asshat yourself:P)
8)at larger dropzones its often hard to break into the click unless your a petite blond with big hooters, so dont get discouraged.
9)some dz's may not click with you, you may find the atmosphere isnt something you like, go elsewhere - there are a lot of dz's out there - try them all and find the right fit for you *pssst *(try elsinore - awesome people) :)10)have fun and welcome to the sport

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

...skydive coastal California...

http://www.skydivesantabarbara.com/

That looks like a dz that wants to put out students without much regard to fun jumpers. I could be wrong, but there is no info at all appropriate for experienced jumpers. That is a normal sign that they really don't want to bother with you. No need to fret, you have Perris and Elsinore near enough.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am