HoldtheIce

A today!

I got my A today! :)
Big Thanks goes out to all the great people at Skydive Snohomish.

Thanks Tyson for setting the example.
Thanks to Todd for helping me get over the mental blocks.
Thanks to Jason for believing in me.
Thanks to Sonya for being so sweet.
Thanks to Matt and Jonathan for helping me pack.
And a BIG thanks for Sara who flew with me on my A-License Dive.

If I forgot someone.....you can kick me next time. Beers on me :P

Blue Skies All !!

~Mikey C.
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

Congrats!

AND thanks for doing it in more than 25....I'll do my 25th jump tomorrow and I don't know when the "check dive" is!

But I'm on the right path now....jumping at 11K alone and can do everything except front flips and track.....those two I may try tomorrow.

S&S

I know....took me 40 plus jumps to get it. But at lease I did. In my progression, I had to re-do my step exit 10 times. Then once cleared for solo....I got in as many jumps as I could.

Good Luch with your progression.
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

Congrats and thanks for sharing!! I'm definately not one of the got my A in 25 crowd myself. My yellow card is filled out...except for the hop n pop. I've strugged with getting anything even resembling a clean, stable exit myself, and just decided several jumps ago to stop the race to the A - since I started to relax and take the pressure off myself, I've enjoyed skydiving MUCH more...I've filled everything out on the A but the hop n pop and check dive - and I'm not gonna face that demon until I get those exits down. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the journey!!!
Andrea

I'm not gonna face that demon until I get those exits down.

Do a lot of practice jumps from the mock up. When you do a high altitude jump with a poised exit, do a practice touch like you did from AFF after 3-5 seconds. After about 5 good jumps like this, I was ready for my hop and pop.

I did my first hop and pop from 4,500 feet and it was great. However, the pilot was new and flew too fast... I had a hard time stepping out without being blow on my side. The result? I hit my right elbow HARD on the bottom of the door. I didn't know I did that until an instructor was laughing at me from the ground after I asked why my elbow was bleeding. :P
Don't forget to pull!