oztoby

ozzie new to skydiving

Hi all,
I did a tandem 7 years ago, and have always regretted not getting my A license. I am heading over to vancouver to live in 2 weeks and wanted to take a couple of weeks off before hand on the west coast of the states to get AFF cert (and maybe A license if I can afford it). Which leads me to my question. IF I can go pretty much anywhere on the west coast to do it, where would be the best (and pretty importantly...the cheapest) Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
Cheers
Toby

I'll admit, I read the thread title wrong and thought it said 'Ozzy new to skydiving'

I was going to say that motherfucker has been higher than any plane will take you!

Don't have any info on dz's out there, however IIRC, there are some good ones!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Go well south, somewhere in the Great American desert or Southern California desert to ensure jumpable weather.
Keep in mind that you will arrive about the end of the busy season/ start of the wet season for Vancouver skydivers.
Let me know when you are getting close and I will show you around Vancouver.

Best and cheapest don't necessarily coincide.

What she said. Cheapest is probably Lodi. As for best, you'll get a lot of different opinions on that one. I've only jumped at Perris and Eloy out west, and they are both great dropzones, but I've no experience of the student program at either place. I'm sure there are many good options. For this time of year, I'd probably look at Southern California. It's starting to cool down in the north. You'll probably enjoy the conditions and find more people around at dropzones further south.

Best and cheapest don't necessarily coincide.

What she said. Cheapest is probably Lodi. As for best, you'll get a lot of different opinions on that one. I've only jumped at Perris and Eloy out west, and they are both great dropzones, but I've no experience of the student program at either place. I'm sure there are many good options. For this time of year, I'd probably look at Southern California. It's starting to cool down in the north. You'll probably enjoy the conditions and find more people around at dropzones further south.

I recall reading in another thread of a similar vein that both dzs have solid student program. One of them (Perris maybe?) has some sort of weekend camp for newer jumpers. Someone more familiar can clarify.
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.