Celtics85

After a day at the DZ....

Since I'm new I havn't had the chance to hang around the DZ after the day of jumping comes to an end. Does everyone throw down and have a damn good time at the DZ when the day is finished?
Hallucinations are bad enough. But after a while you learn to cope with things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth.

Awesome good to know, because when I go do my AFF I was definatly going to bring a cooler full of beers for all the people I meet that day.
Hallucinations are bad enough. But after a while you learn to cope with things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth.

Awesome good to know, because when I go do my AFF I was definatly going to bring a cooler full of beers for all the people I meet that day.

save the beer for when you have finished AFF, and then better bring two cases, just in case.. :P

you gonna be doing it in one week straight or how? if possible, i would recommend that to you..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Yeah Im planning on taking me a tent out to the DZ and going ahead and knocking it out. I wanted to do it last october before it got cold. I had the money ready and everything, but I had had some unexpected things come up so I had to put it off. As soon as it gets somewhat warm Im doing the damn thing.

Yeah Im planning on taking me a tent out to the DZ and going ahead and knocking it out. I wanted to do it last october before it got cold. I had the money ready and everything, but I had had some unexpected things come up so I had to put it off. As soon as it gets somewhat warm Im doing the damn thing.

where will you be doing it anyway? tent and stuff is a good idea.. try to get through your license in a short amount of time, if you only do a jump or two every month you will have forever..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I'm going to be doing it at West Tennessee Skydiving. It's only 50 minutes away from my house. After I get all the expensive stuff out of the way (My AFF), I plan on being out there the majority of weekends jumping atleast 3 or 4 times, atleast til I get my own gear then I will jump more than that. Plus I have a gf that is totally supportive of my interest in skydiving so that will allow me to be out there more.

Plus I have a gf that is totally supportive of my interest in skydiving so that will allow me to be out there more.

:D:D~ummm, got another link you may wanna read. ;)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=%22Lose%20your%20turn%22&sb=score&mh=25

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

we're always getting free beers, and on weekends it's bonfire and bbq-time for the most part..

...Bonfire and BBQ? :S ~how sweet. :ph34r:

Here in TEXAS, it's when the guns and the hard liquor comes out! :P

i'd fit right in there! tough, when the hard liquor comes out.. the guns should maybe be put away.. :)

oh, and every now and then, it's FUEL-BOMBS!!! B|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I'm going to be doing it at West Tennessee Skydiving. It's only 50 minutes away from my house. After I get all the expensive stuff out of the way (My AFF), I plan on being out there the majority of weekends jumping atleast 3 or 4 times, atleast til I get my own gear then I will jump more than that. Plus I have a gf that is totally supportive of my interest in skydiving so that will allow me to be out there more.

expensive stuff? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

you know how much gear is, right!? :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Yeah guns and hard liquor never have good endings from experiences, but they do make for one hell of a story to tell your buddies.

The funny part is that most non-Texans will think that you are kidding!

In summer, some of the girls are WELL into the hard liquor before the sunset load walks into the hangar, and muzzle flash looks cool in the dark.

(I am just describing, not endorsing, the behavior.)
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Well I know thats all gona be pretty expensive, but I'll be able to handle it. Give or take around how much is it to get everything needed to jump without renting equipment from the DZ?

Well I know thats all gona be pretty expensive, but I'll be able to handle it. Give or take around how much is it to get everything needed to jump without renting equipment from the DZ?

you can get a decent rig that's freefly-friendly for something like 3-3.5k$ i suppose.

prices new of other gear:
-suit, 3-500$
-helmet, 1-350$
-altimeter, 2-350$
-audible, 2-300$

then there's googles, gloves, thermal underwear, bla-bla-bla, but dont really need that to begin with.

here, AFF runs like 3000$, gear is WAY more expensive, my first season including a 2nd hand rig but all other new ran me somewhere around 15k.. that included license and about 100 jumps. you should be able to get away with about half that, given you live in the states..

helmets and suit, "personal" items i would buy new and custom. first rig is not really important, probably also the 2nd one isnt, with the slowish downsizing you americans seem to do.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The funny part is that most non-Texans will think that you are kidding!

In summer, some of the girls are WELL into the hard liquor before the sunset load walks into the hangar, and muzzle flash looks cool in the dark.

(I am just describing, not endorsing, the behavior.)

what if you have an army-issued assault-rifle with one of those muzzle-thingies that makes the flash almost invisible!? :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Thats around the range I was expecting the gear to be. Where I'm going to be jumping my AFF will run me $1300 thats givin that I do everything Im required to do in the 7 jumps. After that its $26 for the plane ride up and $25 for equipment rental, so $51 dollars a jump after AFF. Then I'll have to shell out the money for the gear which I've already got a savings going for all of my skydiving needs.

cool!

but be aware after AFF you're not a licensed skydiver yet. in the states you neet at least 25 jumps to get your A, and i think that also involves jumps with a coach, for which in most cases, you will have to pay his/her slot as well..

oh, and before i forget, have fun and SMILE! :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Since I'm new I havn't had the chance to hang around the DZ after the day of jumping comes to an end. Does everyone throw down and have a damn good time at the DZ when the day is finished?

Yes. Socializing with other jumpers after the day's jumping is done, especially for a newer jumper, is a good way to develop the DZ friendships so one person doesn't think the other is an asshole.

Does everyone throw down and have a damn good time at the DZ when the day is finished? ***

some do, some seem to have *(gasp) a life off the dz - SACRILEGE!!! lol:P dem rat bastards

its fun to unwind and let the bs roll after a great day.

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Yes. Socializing with other jumpers after the day's jumping is done, especially for a newer jumper, is a good way to develop the DZ friendships so one person doesn't think the other is an asshole.

I thought it was just so you could sit and drink beer with the other assholes.