Omni

Woot! Passed AFF!!!

Did my first jump out of the Beech 18 yesterday and passed AFF on the same dive. All this time I have had a picture in my head of what a skydive should be and yesterday was it. To say I am stoked is a understatement.

ETA: It was freaking great, first time without the radio and first time on a 268 canopy. Front flip out the door, alti, barrel roll, alti, front loop, alti 360 turn, alti, holy hell we are only at 7K. Then the instructor was smiling and motioning so we did a dock and I watched the altimiter turn down, waved off at 5,500 and pulled at 5,000. Stood the landing even when the wind changed 50 feet off the ground and put me into a slight side crab. When we got back to the hanger the instructor signed off my log and card. Then he went and announced it over the PA system so the whole DZ "about 20 jumpers and 15 non jumpers" head it and they started screaming congrats. Feels good man...