edge04

My new altitrack

So far I like it. Seeing if I like the finger strap on my thumb or pointer finger.

I notice it calculates a high MAX speed. One jump was 151 and another 171. What is that?? It is set for TAS

Also, for you guys that download to a computer, what program do you use?

Thanks

I notice it calculates a high MAX speed. One jump was 151 and another 171. What is that?? It is set for TAS

Read the owner's manual. Does that represent FPS or MPH? Were you flying a wingsuit, belly-flying, doing head-down, or what?

Read the owner's manual. Does that represent FPS or MPH? Were you flying a wingsuit, belly-flying, doing head-down, or what?

MPH. No suit. Started head down then belly

I use Jumptrack, L&B's software. You also need to buy the USB adaptor to get data off.

I wear the strap on my middle finger. The altimeter sits flatter that way.

So this is all I need:

http://www.chutingstar.com/newgear_en/jump-track-software-3-x-with-usb-track-for-altitrack.html

or do I also need to order this:

http://www.chutingstar.com/newgear_en/altitrack-hardware-computer-connection.html

I got drunk dialed last light so while I was talking I thought I'd change batteries in my protrac...ya know how hard it is to find those little springs in carpeting?! :S:ph34r:

Hard enough to not make that mistake again?:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

If it acts anything like a helmet mounted ProTrack (and I'm not sure if it is), don't trust the MAX speed readouts. The devices can be fooled for a few seconds by body position changes.

I can track off well from RW formations, by my ProTrack always shows a spike in speed up to 160 mph or something...

I don't understand your question then. If you know it represents mph, then why are you asking "what is that?" Do the speeds seem to match what you were doing on the dives? You can easily reach 151 and 171 mph while going head-down. What exactly are you unsure of?

I don't understand your question then. If you know it represents mph, then why are you asking "what is that?" Do the speeds seem to match what you were doing on the dives? You can easily reach 151 and 171 mph while going head-down. What exactly are you unsure of?

I'm new and didn't think speeds that high could be reached

Head down? In AFF? I'm going to assume you mean that you exited in something other than a stable belly-to-earth position? (Because if you're doing head down freeflying as an AFF student ... uh ... ).

As others have said, the "max" values on an Altitrack are often anomalies on the data.

What were your average speeds? Those are more likely to be realistic measurements of your actual speed.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Read the owner's manual.

:o:o:o:o

Oh the humanity!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The first one is enough if you want the jump track software.

I prefer Paralog:
http://www.paralog.net/ and in that case you just need the second (and buy Paralog from its site).

I don't think you can try Jump Track without buying it, but Paralog can be tested without buying it (comes with a demo database).